KidsU is a growing Accredited Early Childhood Learning Institute in Calgary and Strathmore guided by our Core Values of Knowledge, Innovate, Development, Service and Upliftment. For children in the ages zero to six, we offer best-in-class child care as well as preschool and kindergarten programs that build experiences and influence the development of executive functions. Our curriculum is backed by scientific research and this approach prioritizes how a child learns instead of what they learn.
Our classrooms are modeled by the Montessori Method and look to normalize and develop the child in light-filled spacious rooms with engaging hands-on materials. Through the work cycles we offer an innovative and welcoming environment that supports Maria Montessori’s philosophy of the absorbent mind. As a Lead Teacher you will build concepts of grace and courtesy, independence, concentration, and peace as children experience practical life, sensorial, mathematics, language, and science materials.
As we elevate our programs at each campus we will hand pick the most passionate and experienced educators in this pivotal role. Our central curriculum team works alongside our Lead Teachers to inspire, develop, and support them in the classroom to enhance their Montessori practice in alignment with our program.
We are currently recruiting for these locations: McKnight Campus (5220 4 St NE); New Brighton Campus (1035 New Brighton Dr SE)
- To plan, implement and document a Montessori program for Casa aged children in a respectful, loving and caring environment
- Monthly/Weekly curriculum planning and lesson planning in place.
- Provide the children with a prepared environment which includes making materials to support the individual needs within the classroom
- Plan individual and group activities to stimulate growth of the executive functions skills - cognitive flexibility, working memory and inhibitory control.
- Interact with children and initiate proper social behavior, grace and courtesy
- Supervise the children at all times, ensuring a safe environment inside the classroom and outdoor programming
- Daily reporting and record-keeping - attendance, allergy, medication, communication logs
- Maintain up-to-date emergency cards, attendance, and health and safety checks
- Participate and interact in team meetings and workshops
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time
Preferred Experience, Qualifications and Attributes:
- Casa Montessori Diploma (AMI / MACTE Accredited Training) or NAMC's Early Childhood Montessori Diploma Program
- Alberta Child Care Certification (Child Development Worker or Child Development Supervisor)
- Current First Aid Certification and Clear Criminal Record
- An Academic Degree from a recognized College or University
- At least 5 years of teaching experience within a Casa Montessori Environment
- Knowledge, interest and a passion for the Casa Montessori Method for Preschool/Kindergarten
- Able to fully implement the Montessori curriculum and demonstrate understanding of Kids U philosophy and other environments.
- Positive attitude, enthusiastic, engaging and a passion for working with children
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, time management, problem solving skills and leadership abilities
- Excellent team management ability, classroom management, observations/assessment.
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with children, parents and colleagues
- You will be surrounded by the best-in-class Montessori educators and pedagogical leaders to share best practices and learn so as to enhance your class environment
- Professional Development Days focused around best practices in early childhood education and new, innovative ways of teaching and learning
- Annual Lead Teacher retreat focused on skills development
- Compensation based on education and experience
- Benefits include vision, dental, and paramedical services
- Tuition discounts on all child-care services for staff members, including full-time and part-time care, online education, summer camps and extracurricular activities
- Staff social committee focused on opportunities to make connections with other like-minded individuals and passionate educators through regular social functions, including an annual staff BBQ and Christmas party
If you are passionate about teaching children, and are driven by a desire to enhance early childhood education, KidsU is the place for you!
KidsU is an equal opportunity workplace and we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. We believe that a strong focus and commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make early childhood education an enabler for wide-reaching change. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Ways to apply:
Apply directly on our site:
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casa Montessori Environment: 5 years (Preferred)