The Direct Support Professional (DSP) supports every aspect of the lives of people with intellectual disabilities to help them achieve the best possible essential safeguards, quality of life, personal growth, and natural relationships as they emerge into their rightful place within the community. The DSP reports to a designated Team Leader or program coordinator; no positions report to the DSP.
The DSP completing the overnight asleep shift will be required to sleep in the home and respond to the support needs of the individual if they wake up.
Preference will be given to DSP’s with experience working with individuals who engage in self harming behaviours, who are physically capable, confident and comfortable with applying physical supports and comfortable with bodily fluids.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Valid driver license and acceptable driver abstract and reliable vehicle.
- *Criminal Record Search Certificate with Vulnerable Sector screening.
- *Child Abuse Registry, and Adult Abuse Registry checks.
- 2 applicable employment references and 1 character reference.
- *Checks can be no older than 3 months
- Hourly paid
- Health benefits available after three months of full-time employment
- Registered Pension Plan contribution available after one-year of full-time employment
- Retention bonus (starts after two years)
- Performance bonus
Position Salary Range: $13.75 - $17.00 /hr
Asleep shifts : $11.35 /hr
Want to learn more about us? Check out our website at www.fairfaxcommunity.ca
If you are interested in applying for this position, please upload your cover letter and resume on this site, or send it directly to:
ATTN: Fairfax HR Subject: DSP Positions
Email: Please visit our career page at http://www.fairfaxcommunity.ca/careers.html We would like to thank all interested candidates, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.75 to $17.00 /year
- Winnipeg, MB (Required)