The Cook is accountable to manage basic aspects of food production, plate presentation and hospitality style dining to meet the dining needs of the residents in accordance with legislative requirements and the organization standards.
- Based on menus, sets up equipment and supplies for food preparation. Prepares food following standardized recipes. Provides for prescribed diets, at appropriate temperatures and in portion controlled quantities.
- Monitors quality of food supplies received and advises Chef of problems and makes recommendations about corrective action.
- In the absence of the Chef and the Food & Beverage Manager, assumes responsibility for departmental operations including menu changes as necessary, requisitions and purchases food and other supplies from authorized suppliers.
- Assists in the orientation and training of new food and beverage employees. Attends in-service meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 minimum education required.
- Red Seal designation is preferred or graduate of a recognized college food preparation program and willing to Red Seal certify.
- One year experience in volume food preparation, catering and special events preparation in the hospitality or Retirement home industry.
- A valid Safe Food Handling Certificate and Smart Serve certificate.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude necessary to meet the goals and standards of the residence.
For Ontario locations, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Permanent