C.R.L. Campbell Construction and Drainage Ltd. is an established and reputable civil and drainage contractor based in the Niagara Peninsula. Our projects involve municipal drainage including storm piping, water and sewer, box culverts, CB, ditching, cross-culverts, SWM ponds & associated systems, pond cleaning, shoreline and creek erosion control, landﬁll remediation and construction, shoreline protection, armour stone installations. The majority of our work is centered in the Niagara Peninsula and the surrounding areas of Haldimand and Hamilton.
We currently seeking an experienced
Skilled Labourer (Pipe Layer)
based out of our Wainfleet, Ontario location but willing and able to work out of the Niagara Region, Haldimand and Hamilton.
Summary of Role:
· The successful candidate is required to take on physical labour tasks in the outdoors and work in all season weather conditions and occasionally, where necessary, inclement weather.
Key Responsibilities or Services Provided:
· Install sanitary and storm sewer structures and pipe systems
· Cut pipes to required lengths
· Assist in aligning pipes during pipeline construction
· Align and position pipes to prepare them for welding or sealing
· Check slopes for conformance to requirements, using levels or lasers
· Connect pipe pieces and seal joints, using welding equipment, cement or glue
· Tap and drill holes into pipes to introduce auxiliary lines or devices
· Cover pipes with earth and other materials
· Grade and level trench bases, using tamping machines and hand tools
· Train others in pipe-laying techniques
· Other general labour and construction related duties as required
· Must be physically capable of performing duties of the position, including lifting and kneeling and
·bending on a regular basis
· Required to work with underground pipes, culverts, excavating and backfilling,
· Assist in loading and unloading of materials and tools.
· Must be able to follow building plans or blueprints and instructions from supervisors, lay out the job, and work efficiently with the materials and tools of their trade.
· Must be physically fit to perform manual labor in all types of environments and conditions, including heavy lifting (in excess of 50 lbs.);
· The ability to comprehend and follow specific instructions;
· Interpersonal competencies that include a drive for results, the need for closure, effective oral communication skills, organization, planning, trust, respect, being dependable and cooperation.
· Ownership of all hand tools that are required to perform any the task contemplated.
· Good housekeeping skills.
· Must be able to pass a physical human performance evaluation.
· Must have your own dependable transportation and a valid Ontario Class G driver’s
·license (copy to be furnished with your resume and cover letter)
· Possess a clean abstract from MTO (copy to be provided with your resume and cover letter)
· Must have the ability to handle the physical demands and variable hours of the position.
· Must be willing and able to actively participate in an outdoor work environment in adverse weather
· All duties must be performed in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and C.R.L.
Hours of Work:
· Hours of work are Monday through Friday, ten hours per day.
· Hours of work may be dependent upon project requirements and may change at the discretion of the Project Coordinator
· Reaching with hands and arms
· Lifting or moving objects up to one hundred pounds.
· Requires the full use of sight and hearing for both technical and safety reasons. Good Depth perception is particularly important when digging and moving earth.
· Requires climbing onto equipment and working in an elevated position above the ground.
· Near constant exposure to fumes or airborne particles—dust and fumes from equipment and earth
· May be required to work in all extremes of weather conditions.
· May be some vibration associated with equipment operation. Jolts and vibrations may result from operating equipment.
· Loud noise when operating equipment.
· Highschool Diploma or equivalent required.
· Relevant Certificates and Training records to be identified and furnished upon request during the interview process.
· Up-to-date CPR/AED training, working at heights training and WHIMIS is considered a benefit.
· Minimum of 3 years experience preferred
· Experience in storm or sanitary sewer pipe installation highly preferable
· Capable problem-solver with strong understanding of basic construction processes
· Experience with pipe laying, and grades/elevations
· Previous experience as a general labourer in a construction environment
· Previous experience working outdoors
· Experience with hand work with shovels, rakes, chainsaws, as well as utilizing compaction equipment
· Experience with Laser equipment, concrete forming and concrete placing is a deﬁnite asset
· Must be motivated, hardworking and able to work with minimal supervision within a
· Proven Team Player with demonstrated ability to work within a team atmosphere
· Punctual and Reliable
· Able to follow both verbal and written instructions
What We Offer
· A familial environment to work in
· Extremely competitive wages
· Wage structure based on experience, qualifications and demonstrated ability
· Life insurance
· A comprehensive benefits package including dental, prescriptions, chiropractic care, physiotherapy and massage therapy
· Upon completion of a probationary period, participation in a contributory Company RRSP
HOW TO APPLY
If you possess the necessary skills and experience for this role, please email or fax your resume and covering letter outlining your specific experience in the required areas. Your resume should detail past and present work experience, education, skills, certiﬁcates including training certificates, a minimum two (2) references related to the industry and a current driver’s abstract from MTO.
Fax: (905) 899-3303
Please place the Position Title in the subject line.
CRL Campbell Construction & Drainage Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and strives to ensure that its hiring process meets the needs of all persons with disabilities. As such, CRL Campbell Construction & Drainage Ltd. will provide reasonable accommodation for any applicant, as requested during the hiring process.
CRL Campbell Construction & Drainage Ltd. is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, CRL Campbell Construction & Drainage Ltd. will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $25.00 to $29.00 /hour
- pipe layer: 3 years (Preferred)