ONLY CANDIDATES WITH A VALID ACTIVE GOVERNMENT OF CANADA CLEARANCE WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE.
DND has a requirement for a Technical Writer to support the development of Business Case Analysis (BCA) in support of the National Combat Ration Program (NCRP) procurement project. Support services in the areas of performance measurement analysis, business case analysis, financial/cost analysis and technical writing are required.
1. Minimum of thirty-six (36) months of experience, within the last sixty (60) months, providing writing services for equipment.
Experience must include three (3) or more of the following six (6) activities:
- Compiling business cases or plans;
- Validating bid proposal packages;
- Compiling bid response packages;
- Modifying analytical reports;
- Validating cost/benefit evaluations; or
- Compiling risk management registers
2. Minimum of thirty-six (36) months of experience, within the last sixty (60) months, performing the functions of a Technical Writer such as:
- Analyzing the subject and the audience; and
- Producing clear and concise documentation
The required services provided by the Intermediate Technical Writer may include but are not limited to the following:
- Reviewing, developing and editing BCA documentation to make it more concise and clear;
- Assisting the BCA team in preparing the Defence Procurement Strategy (DPS) governance presentations decks, industry engagement plans and completing BCA reports for Treasury Board approval;
- Reviewing previous programs/lessons learned in the areas of presentation style and language and implement for upcoming BCA’s as needed;
- Providing appropriate written reports in final camera-ready copy, using the following Microsoft Office software - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio and Access;
- Analyzing material, such as specifications (technical Statement of Work/Requirement), notes, drawings, writing manuals, user guides and other documents to explain the requirement clearly and concisely;
- Gathering information, analyzing the subject and the audience, and producing clear documentation;
- Studying existing material and interviewing internal and external BCA stakeholders;
- Assisting the BCA team with the development and preparation of bid proposal and response packages;
- Creating accurate, complete and concise documentation to communicate the needs of various business case requirements; and
- Reviewing, developing and editing BCA documents, drawings and associated data for conformance to established standards and ensuring the documentation follows governmental publishing guidelines.
Reference ID: 13
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $20.00 to $40.00 /hour
- Technical Writing: 4 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Government Security Clearance (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19