Reports to: Executive Head Chef
Job Level: Management
Schedule: Permanent Full-time
The Toronto Lawn Tennis Club is a comfortable friendly haven in the middle of the city offering its Members the best and most respected tennis facilities in the country. Founded in 1876, the Toronto Lawn Tennis Club is the oldest private tennis club in Canada. We have 18 Tennis Courts, 3 International and 1 Doubles Squash Courts, Fitness and Group Exercise rooms, seasonal swimming pool and other facilities and services that make us an exclusive private tennis club that strives to provide the highest level of services for its Members.
Responsible and takes ownership for the daily operations of the kitchen; a la carte/banquets and its outlets, must be able to provide professional leadership and direction to kitchen personnel. Ensure that all food preparations meet Club’s specifications and commitment to quality. Maintain a safe, orderly and sanitized kitchen.
You will be responsible for the following duties:
- Leading Successful services in the a la carte operations while also ensuring banquet orders are filled on time and in full to required specifications
- Provide leadership, training, mentorship and support to staff in various levels of the kitchen brigade
- Prepare food as directed by the Executive Chef, and be able to take leadership upon his/her absence
- Ensure effective and efficient utilization of food and equipment resources
- Prepare for special events and caterings as required
You will assist or in the absence of the executive chef be responsible for the following: Menu Costing, Specials, Ordering, and Scheduling.
- Must be creative
- Works well under pressure
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong leadership skills: supervise, motivate and discipline employees
- Ability to work in a high-energy and demanding environment
- Menu creativity is essential
- Five (5) years experience in a food preparation position that encompasses all phases of food preparation and kitchen operations
- Culinary arts diploma
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as per the needs of the business
- Knowledgeable about current food industry trends and equipment
- Understanding of proper use and maintenance of major kitchen equipment
- CPR/AED and First Aid certificates considered an asset
- Competitive salary
- Excellent extended health & dental benefits program
- Matched contribution- retirement savings plan
- Career development program
- Cross-training program
- Performance based bonus
- Staff meals
Base salary range: $55,000 - $65,000
Overall compensation package: $66,500 - $77,500
Please let us know if you require any accommodations to be considered for this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest and will only contact those selected for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- relevant culinary management: 5 years (Required)
- Culinary arts diploma (Required)