Capital Fine Meats is a family owned and operated Meat Processing Plant in Edmonton, Alberta since 1929. We pride ourselves on providing fresh, high quality meats across Western Canada.
We are currently seeking Quality Assurance Technician.
This position is critical in nature to production and successful plant operations. Only qualified individuals with required skills will be considered.
· University Bachelor Degree in Nutrition and Food science or Animal Science or related Sciences.
· Proficient with Microsoft (word, excel, PowerPoint).
· Able to work independently as well as a good team player.
· Identify and address non-compliance related to safety & quality of the incoming raw materials.
· Identify and address non-compliance during different process steps such as grinding, blending/mixing, stuffing etc. to improve product quality and reduce rework generation
· Check daily production schedule and monitor product formulation in different departments to minimize issues related to food safety & quality.
· Perform color analysis using the colorimeter.
· Perform finished product quality checks such as package parameters, seal, label placement, legibility etc.
· Perform sensory evaluation such as product tasting, texture, and flavor profile testing.
· Verify finished product net weight.
· Verify stuffing weight of the products.
· Grade, label and document raw materials and finished products based on raw material specifications and finished product specifications.
· Identify and address quality defects at all process steps including receiving, cutting, stuffing, cooking, curing, storage, packaging, etc.
· Monitor overall personal hygiene and food safety.
· Conduct the species and allergen test.
· Assists other QA technicians with their duties if needed and cover duties in absence of other QA technicians.
· The applicant must be flexible with other QA technician shifts including Sanitation & Pre-Operational Technician shift.
· The applicant must be willing to work overtime, if required.
Shift: 10:00AM - 6:30PM Monday to Friday
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $19.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Quality Assurance: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)