Who are we?
We're not another app company or ticketing system - we're on a mission at PheedLoop to empower event managers with the most powerful, modern, and strategic piece of technology they've ever used. Starting with a sophisticated all-in-one event management platform, our intense focus on automation, monetization, decentralization and data is shaping our exciting future.
We're on a path to infuse the events industry with a radically new way of planning events, to the point that no one will ever imagine going back to the way things were done before. We're obsessed with listening to customer feedback, because we're able to build extremely creative solutions at light speed as soon as we hear good ideas. We love working hard, learning new things, building great products, and closing deals. If you're looking for an experience that will test your limits, accelerate your career, and allow you to dream big, we'd love to work with you and change an industry forever.
As a member of the accounting and finance team at a small, high-growth company, you will be wearing many hats and will have unlimited potential to reach amazing career goals. You should expect to be contributing directly to all the key accounting and finance functions at PheedLoop, from operational work such as managing accounts, invoices, and monthly financial statements and forecasts, to taxes, payroll, and building software automation toolchains. Your work, just like everyone else's at PheedLoop, will make a massive difference. Think of it like steering a small ship with a large rudder - and the ship keeps getting bigger and bigger as you steer it in the right direction!
- Organize, create, and file invoices, receipts and other financial documentation
- Manage financial summaries, accounting analytics, and generate reports
- Use Xero Accounting, Excel, and Wave to manage finances, payroll, and analytics
- Reconcile general ledger accounts including bank deposits and reconciliations
- Follow-up with customers and manage accounts receivables
- Implement new software, playbooks, and processes to make financial accounting and analysis more automated
- Work with engineers and product team to track research and development efforts and build reports
- Research and collaboratively pursue relevant government grants and tax credits
We work very hard, but encourage you to create schedules and routines which make sense to you.
Things you should know and have to succeed
- 1+ years of accounting/finance management experience
- Understanding of cloud-based/software-based accounting tools
- Exceedingly organized, detail-oriented, and analytical
- Excellent written skills for high quality email communications
- Excitement about growth and improvement, to poke holes in our process and implement improvements
- Currently enrolled in a college or university accounting program, preferably in business, commerce or management
- Familiarity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
We can't wait to hear from you!
We are all obsessed with learning new things here at PheedLoop, and will invest a lot of time and energy in your growth and personal development. At the end of the day, we are looking for amazing, hard working, sincere and inspiring people who will pull out the best in everyone else. If we all commit to doing the same for each other, we will definitely succeed both in our shared mission at PheedLoop, and in our own lives. We can't wait to play a role in your journey. We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /hour
- Accounting: 1 year (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Toronto, ON (Required)