-- Clinical Research Associate --
*BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS
Epidemiology and Population Health (HCV)*
Please note: Only Canadian Citizens, legal residents or residents with a legal work permit will be considered.
STATUS: This is a one-year maternity leave coverage position
JOB START DATE: March 11thproposed (flexible start date)
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
LOCATION: BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS (BC-CfE), Project Site at 625 Powell St. Vancouver, BC
JOB: Working under the direction of the Principal Investigator and Research Scientist, the Clinical Research Associate will assist the team in the implementation, and execution of HCV-related research and research-related activities.Focus will be on a longitudinal prospective cohort study examining HCV re-infection among patients who have successfully cleared HCV using direct acting antiviral therapy. Main duties include recruitment/outreach activities, obtaining informed consent and study enrolment, sample and data collection; scheduling & conducting study visit and follow up as necessary.
ORGANIZATION: The BC-CfE currently employs a team of Researchers, Statisticians, Programmers, Data Managers, Clinical Research Assistants, Data Analysts, and Data Entry Clerks who work collaboratively on cohort-based epidemiological and clinical studies, and a program of qualitative research. The BC-CfE is a world-renowned HIV/AIDS Research Centre including Research Laboratory, Clinical Trials, Drug Treatment Program, Epidemiology, and Professional Education Programs.
- Liaise with personnel from community agencies, health professionals, and staff from HCV service organizations to perform outreach/recruitment activities
- Assess the study criteria to determine if potential candidates qualify for enrolment
- Obtain fully informed consent
- Collects specimens and coordinates laboratory tests
- Conducts all study visits in accordance to the study protocol requirements
- Collects data with the administration of questionnaires and completion of relevant forms from diagnostic tests/and other sources, as well as enters research-related data from participants, medical records, client charts, etc.
- Collects back-up source documentation as required
- Inquiries by phone, email or in-person using the available resources to locate a study participant or to address any issues, referring to clinic and community physicians, as necessary
- Maintainsstrictconfidentialityrelated to participant identification and release of research data
- Keeps the Principal Investigator and Research Scientist informed of any study-related problems or trends in research data
- Performs other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in health sciences; current LPN or RN designation is an asset
- Minimum two years of professional experience working in a busy academic or clinical setting;
- Phlebotomy skills and experience working with diverse patient population
- Experience working in clinical research is an asset
- HIV and HCV experience and pre/post test counselling training is an asset
- Experience with addictions, and/or poverty in the DTES or comparable community is an asset
- Demonstrates sound knowledge of computer skills (MS Word and Excel)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge and skill in recruiting and screening potential study participants
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Knowledge accessing and using electronic medical records an asset
Please include in your letter of submission:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter detailing experience (work and other) and interests
- Salary expectation and availability
c/o HR Coordinator, BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS, Vancouver, BC
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 8 2018
Note: Applications received without a cover letter will NOT be considered. Only candidates that are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary