Why Fraser Health?:
We invite you to apply today and find out why more than 95% of new employees recommend Fraser Health to their friends as an exceptional place to work. A 2022 BC Top Employer, we value diversity in the work force and seek to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.
We hire great people for outstanding jobs and need your help to expand the ability to deliver prompt and professional service. Bring your positive energy and your knowledge of research/evaluation methodology to the challenging and rewarding role of Temporary Full Time Evaluation Assistant to our Mental Health and Substance Use team located in New Westminster, B.C. Develop new skills working with experienced professionals and share our dedication to provide quality service to our clients. This Temporary Full Time position is available until March 31, 2023.
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations. Our team of 43,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
Effective October 26th 2021, all new hires to Fraser Health will need to have full COVID 19 vaccination (have received a full series of a World Health Organization “WHO” approved vaccine against infection by SARS-COV-2, or a combination of approved WHO vaccines). Please note this applies to all postings, and individual medical exemptions must be approved by the Provincial Health Officer.
Curious to learn what it’s like to work here? Like us on Facebook (@fraserhealthcareers), follow us on Twitter & Instagram (@FHCareer), or connect with us on LinkedIn (fraserhealthcareers) for first-hand employee insights.
Supporting the Vision, Values, Purpose and Commitments of Fraser Health including service delivery that is centered around patients/clients/residents and families:
Under the direction of the Executive Director, provides support to all aspects of the assigned evaluation program by assisting the Evaluation Lead with evaluation presentations, posters and reports, creation of evaluation plans, and review of health related literature and policy documents. Responsible for managing databases including data collection and data entry, basic analysis and aggregation, creating graphs, and reporting of summary statistics. Performs various administrative and clerical functions such as the coordinating of meetings, planning of agendas and recording of meeting minutes.
- Conducts preliminary literature reviews for each project, and supports completion and submission of project applications as required.
- Assists in the development, collection and recording of evaluation data by utilizing computer spreadsheet and database applications such as MS Excel and SPSS, gathering and checking data, and developing appropriate links and formulae for spreadsheets and databases, summarizes information, and generates reports using word processing and presentation graphics software applications.
- Supports new evaluation generation and knowledge dissemination activities for leadership and front line teams through preparation of evaluation presentations, posters, infographics, projects summaries and evaluation reports.
- Assists in coordinating the work flow within the assigned area or project. Receives, reviews, and processes information and takes follow-up action as required. Develops and implements new work methods and procedures; identifies problems; recommends alternative solutions and implements approved changes. Contributes to the development of new standard operating procedures.
- Recruits evaluation subjects consistent with the scope of the program's evaluation.
- Obtains informed consent and records number of participants approached for the evaluation.
- Instruct evaluation participants on required evaluation procedures; reviews procedures with the participants and provides additional information, as required.
- Identifies, evaluates and determines suitability of the participant for inclusion in the evaluation based on established inclusion/exclusion criteria and protocols, and reviews the evaluation information with potential evaluation participants as required.
- Coordinates and schedules co-op students assigned to evaluation projects.
- Participates in evaluation and staff meetings, as requested.
- Provides other administrative support functions including arranging internal/external meetings as required by booking rooms, notifying participants, confirming attendance, preparing agenda, prepares and distributes handouts and overheads; records, prepares and distributes minutes and agenda. Conducts or ensures follows up on action items as required. Performs word processing duties such as typing reports, letters, memoranda and emails; prepares charts and tables, presentation material, and newsletters from rough draft and/or general instructions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in a health-related discipline and one (1) year recent related evaluation or research experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Valid Class V BC Driver's License and access to a vehicle for business related purposes.
Demonstrates the leadership practices of the Fraser Health Leadership Framework of Clear, Caring and Courageous and creates the conditions for people to succeed.
- Knowledge of research/evaluation methodology including qualitative, quantitative, and statistical methods.
- Knowledge of research/evaluation ethics including research confidentiality and privacy.
- Ability to review and interpret applicable reports.
- Ability to operate related equipment including applicable software applications, including MS Excel, MS Office and SPSS.
- Demonstrated experience in project coordination.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow established protocols/procedures.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.