Zest Communities Inc., NovaCore Retirement Communities Association, and any subsidiaries is a 55+ community that brings resort-style living to Hamilton. At its centre, a delightful village with invigorating four season indoor and outdoor recreational activities, retail and entertainment amenities will offer residents an unsurpassed lifestyle.
Located within the Village at St. Elizabeth Mills, we offer affordable independent and assisted living. With beautiful views of the natural landscape, our spacious private and shared rooms are bright, comfortable and secure.
The Retirement Residence provides delicious, home-cooked meals. A variety of entertaining activities promotes health, wellness and active lifestyles for residents. With our convenient location on Hamilton Mountain, we are close to medical services, shopping, restaurants and entertainment
Those who are looking to join a highly motivated, growing health facility are encouraged to apply for our Personal Support Worker position. We are currently seeking a PSW that is motivated, caring, hardworking to provide personal care in our retirement residence in Hamilton.
Always use safe working procedures, including body mechanics.
- Take temperature as required.
- Transport residents by wheelchair and assist with mobility as needed.
- Give bed baths, tub baths and showers.
- Tend to personal needs and grooming such as combing hair, cleaning teeth and dentures, mouth care, giving suppositories, collecting specimens or other care as directed.
- Help to maintain self-respect, personal dignity, physical safety and high levels of cleanliness of each and every resident.
- Serve and collect meal trays and assisting with meals as necessary, both on unit floors and in dining room. Provide between meal nourishments and snacks; keep kitchenette clean, tidy and adequately supplied.
- Encourage fluid intake, testing diabetic urines.
- Keep residents dry and clean free from odour.
- Promptly report to the RPN or Care Coordinator any changes or problems related to the condition of residents.
- Provide after death care, as directed by the nurse in charge.
- Make beds and change linen
- Collect residents’ soiled clothes and linen and take to the laundry; check pockets for personal items such as hearing aids, tissues; close zippers and Velcro; check for the resident’s name and turn clothing right-side out
- Maintain general cleanliness of residents; rooms, furnishings, bathrooms and common areas by washing, dusting or putting items away.
- Assist with admission of new residents.
- Identify, where possible correct, and report all hazardous or potentially harmful situations.
- Participate in in-service training and educational activities.
- Assist other HCAs and RPNs with various tasks during the shift as requested, and ask for their assistance to safely carry out responsibilities when needed. Be alert to needs on other floors and other units, and build effective teamwork in order to best provide care to residents.
- Perform all other duties as required
- Must have Personal Support Worker certificate or equivalent (Nursing - 1st year completed)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Current CPR and First Aid certification
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; willingness to interact with residents
- Vulnerable Sector Police Screening
- Up-to-date Immunizations required in the Seniors Health Care Field
- Ability to read, write, speak English
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and lift 30+ pounds
- Hours of Work: Must have open availability and be able to work every other weekend
- Ability to stand/walk for up to 12 hours each day
- Ability to work with various cleaning supplies and equipment
Our Company welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require accommodation in the completion of this application please contact the HR Department
Zest Communities Values
At Zest we are committed to providing our customers with a 5-Star experience. Our 5-Star Values guide all our interactions with our customers, our community and each other.
Service – We are here to delight our customers and provide them with the highest levels of service possible. WE value innovation and creativity and work diligently to overcome challenges, solve problems and create new ways to continually improve and enhance service.
Trust – We are committed to earning the trust of others and highly value trustworthy behaviour. We work with our customers, staff and stakeholders to build relationships based on honesty and transparency. We communicate clearly and regularly with each other so that everyone remains involved and informed.
Accountability – We are accountable for our actions and deliver on our promises in a timely manner. We work in partnership with each other to establish joint objectives and communicate expectations. We hold ourselves responsible for meeting our goals and strive continuously to reach our full potential.
Respect – We honour our history, and treat everyone with compassion, dignity and respect. We celebrate diversity and reach out to provide support and encouragement to others. We endeavour to promote environments of safety, choice and independence within our communities.
Superior Quality – We believe that everything we do and create must be of superior quality. Therefore, we endeavour to provide our customers, staff and stakeholders with superior, enjoyable and inspiring environments within which to live and work.
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- Support Care: 1 year (Preferred)
- Hamilton, ON (Preferred)
- Personal Support Worker (Required)
- English (Required)