Zest Communities owns and operates a 55+ community that brings resort-style living to Hamilton. At its center, a delightful village with invigorating four season indoor and outdoor recreational activities, retail and entertainment amenities will offer residents an unsurpassed lifestyle.
Located within St. Elizabeth Village, we offer affordable independent and assisted living. With beautiful views of the natural landscape, our spacious private and shared rooms are bright, comfortable and secure.
The Zest Group of Companies also operate a Retirement Residence in the Village and are actively expanding operations beyond St. Elizabeth Village into other Provinces. The Company is developing the remaining lands in the Village into a new mixed-use development including commercial, retail, and residential property. This includes over 1 million square feet of development over the next 5 – 10 years.
Those who are looking to join a highly motivated, growing health facility are encouraged to apply for our Personal Support Worker position. We are currently seeking PSWs that are motivated, caring, hardworking to provide personal care in our retirement residence in Hamilton.
Always use safe working procedures, including body mechanics.
- Transport residents by wheelchair and assist with mobility as needed.
- Give bed baths, tub baths and showers. Keep residents dry and clean free from odour.
- Tend to personal needs and grooming such as combing hair, cleaning teeth and dentures, mouth care, giving suppositories, collecting specimens or other care as directed.
- Help to maintain self-respect, personal dignity, physical safety and high levels of cleanliness of each and every resident.
- Serve and collect meal trays and assisting with meals as necessary, both on unit floors and in dining room. Provide between meal nourishments and snacks; keep kitchenette clean, tidy and adequately supplied.
- Take temperature as required. Encourage fluid intake, testing diabetic urine. Promptly report to the RPN or Care Coordinator any changes or problems related to the condition of residents.
- Provide after death care, as directed by the nurse in charge.
- Make beds and change linen. Collect residents’ soiled clothes and linen and take to the laundry; check pockets for personal items such as hearing aids, tissues; close zippers and Velcro; check for the resident’s name and turn clothing right-side out
- Assist with admission of new residents. Participate in in-service training and educational activities.
- Identify, where possible correct, and report all hazardous or potentially harmful situations.
- Assist other PSWs and RPNs with various tasks during the shift as requested, and ask for their assistance to safely carry out responsibilities when needed. Be alert to needs on other floors and other units, and build effective teamwork in order to best provide care to residents.
- Perform all other duties as required
- Must have Personal Support Worker certificate or equivalent (Nursing - 1st year completed)
- Current CPR and First Aid certification
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; willingness to interact with residents
- TB screening (2-Steps)*
- Up-to-date Immunizations required in the Seniors Health Care Field
- Vulnerable Sector Police Screening*
- Ability to read, write, speak English
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and lift 30+ pounds
*Temporary exceptions to Vulnerable Sector Police & TB screenings. Employees can only work at one location during COVID-19 Pandemic
- Hours of Work: Must have open availability and be able to work every other weekend
- Shifts are 6:30am to 2:30pm, 2:30pm to 10:30pm and 10:30pm to 6:30am
- Ability to stand/walk for up to 8 hours each day (12 hour shifts available)
- Ability to work with various cleaning supplies and equipment
Our Company welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require accommodation in the completion of this application please contact the HR Department
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the developing impact of COVID-19, our top priority is ensuring that our employees are safe and policies and procedures are being developed to effectively handle our response to the outbreak.
Job Type: Casual
- Support Care: 1 year (Preferred)
- Personal Support Worker (Required)