Located in the beautiful Niagara Region and in operation for close to 35 years, Book Depot is a leader in the bargain book industry. We are currently accepting applications for full-timePicking, Packing, and Consolidation Associates at our Thorold distribution centre to work our first shift. The required hours are Monday to Friday 7:30am - 4:00pm (40 hours per week).
The successful candidates will:
- Pick and clean product from shelves and load product into totes for transport
- Sort cleaned product into designated cubbies using computer system; empty sorted cubbies into totes for transport to shippers
- Process and pack cleaned product from totes into boxes or mailers
- Take product from conveyor and restock onto shelving
- Possess basic computer skills
- Be punctual, responsible, and diligent
- Promote a clean and organized work environment
- Uphold safe work procedures in accordance with Book Depot's Health and Safety Program
- Other responsibilities as required
Please note that CSA approved (green triangle patch) steel or composite toed safety shoes must be worn for this position. Health and dental benefits are available after 6 months of continuous full-time employment.
If you are interested in this position, please email your cover letter and resume to jobs[at]bookdepot.com. We thank you for your application and interest in Book Depot, however, only those applicants selected to participate in the interview process will be contacted. This posting will be removed once the position has been filled.
Book Depot welcomes and encourages applications from exceptional individuals. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 /hour