Spend your days surrounded by the beauty of Lake Simcoe. With opportunities across the Resort at the Nest Golf Club, the Marina, with our Culinary, Food and Beverage, Landscape, Housekeeping and Recreation Teams, as well as at FH Fine Food and Starbucks at Friday Harbour. Working at Friday Harbour is unlike anywhere else. Be a part of the action, contributing to this one-of-a-kind Resort and always providing an exceptional guest experience.
The Marina Supervisor is responsible for assisting in the successful operation of the Marina. This position ensures implementation and compliance with marina policies, procedures, rules and regulations, protocol and practices. This role has an overall responsibility for supervising the Marina department in cooperation with the Marina Manager and provides guidance and direction to Colleagues.
- Oversee daily department operations in marina, including start of shift briefings and assignments
- Serve as an individual contributor and department role model by performing technical or functional job duties
- Assist in creating weekly Colleague schedules ensuring labour adequately meets business needs
- Assist with processing annual, seasonal, and transient docking slip contracts
- Renew annual and seasonal slip contracts and complete point of sale transaction for dockage
- Responsible for all berth assignments and slip classifications, ensuring accurate and current information regarding the status of each slip and vessel
- Assist with coordinating and scheduling seasonal haul out, launch and servicing activities
- Assist in the issuing and deactivation of marina access cards
- Handle boater inquires, concerns, emergencies immediately and effectively
- With the Marina Manager, effectively lead the Marina team
- Ensure that applicable policies and procedures, regulatory ordinances, governing laws and generally accepted protocol and practices are followed
- Ensure all vessels follow Marina rules and regulations, policies and procedures, protocols, and practices
- Operate equipment, tools, vehicles, and boats required for Marina operations
- Lead and coach the Marina Colleagues, ensuring the successful internal operations of the Marina including professional and courteous customer service, complete utilization and accuracy of the Marina’s management software system, proper training and supervision of all Colleagues and timely and accurate billing and collection of all Marina revenues
- Attend meetings in the absence of the Marina General Manager and Assistant Marine Manager
- Respond to guest inquiries in a timely manner
- Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the health and safety program
- Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required
- Other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years’ previous experience in a similar role within the marina industry
- Must possess a Pleasure Craft Operators Card or obtain within 3 months
- A VHF Radio Operators License an asset
- High school diploma required; University/college degree or coursework preferred
- Previous marina experience, including knowledge of parts, service, fuel dock and dock shop
- Must possess excellent customer service skills
- Must have boating experience in the recreational marine industry
- Local knowledge of waterways including Lake Simcoe and the Trent Severn Waterway an asset
- Must be computer literate. Preferred candidate will have previous experience with marina management software, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must be extremely responsible with integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Required to move, lift, carry, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 30 pounds without assistance
- Stand, sit or walk for an extended period or for an entire shift
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting and pulling
- Move over sloping, uneven or slippery surfaces
- Significant exposure to varying weather conditions
- Will encounter smell from wastewater, gasoline and diesel fuels
- Will encounter hazardous materials, dangerous or toxic substances and chemicals
- May encounter excessive noise from boat engines and equipment
- Work area is located alongside deep water
Join our team and make every day feel like Friday.
- All candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Friday Harbour is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
- Friday Harbour is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Friday Harbour is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Upon request by the applicant, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Please contact the Human Resources department with any accommodation requests.
- Employment with Friday Harbour will be conditional upon the successful candidate having received a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada, at least 14 days prior to their start date. This requirement is subject to exemptions pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.