Instrument Assembler Apprenticeship
Requisition ID: 125157BR
Posting: www.jobs.raytheon.com (Use Requisition ID in search)
Join our Apprenticeship Program! We are currently posting for two Apprentice General Machinists (2).
Raytheon ELCAN Optical Technologies is continuing its commitment to invest in the development of our Skilled Trades group. We are looking for positive, detail oriented individuals with a commitment to quality and further education.
The Apprenticeship program is a 4 year commitment that will include scheduled rotations in the workplace to achieve 8000 hours, attending school through an Ontario College and writing all applicable tests to achieve a Certificate of Qualification as a General Machinist. All applicants will be required to go through an Apprenticeship Aptitude Test and Interview process.
General Accountability Requirements:
Apprentices will have the responsibility to develop knowledge in assembling, adjusting, aligning, and testing precision opto-mechanical and/or electro-optical instruments in accordance with blueprint specifications.
- O.S.S.D. or equivalent required.
- College diploma in a technical discipline or equivalent is preferred.
- Exposure to technical drawing packages.
- Basic experience in reading mechanical blueprints and technical specifications an asset.
- Strong well-rounded math skills.
- Must have good eye and finger dexterity.
- Exposure to computer software, MS Word, Excel and AutoCAD would be an asset.
- Work autonomously to troubleshoot job related problems.
- Knowledge of lathe operation/modifying mechanical components preferred.
- Developing ability to solder.
- Ensuring that work accomplished is accurate in all relevant aspects.
- Handling a large amount of work efficiently and effectively.
- Effectively adapting to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and sudden or frequent changes in priority in order to accomplish objectives.
- Demonstrating self-motivation, effective performance is driven from within rather than being conditional on pressure from external factors (e.g. boss, peers, subordinates, deadlines, crises, etc.).
- Must be able to work various shifts as deemed necessary.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance
We offer a competitive compensation package inclusive of incentive program and company pension plan.
Raytheon ELCAN Optical Technologies is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), Raytheon ELCAN Optical Technologies will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability – related accommodations, please contact Human Resource. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship
- Secondary School (Required)