Mechanical Machinery Assembler
Plexpack Corp. Scarborough Ontario
Plexpack has an immediate opening for an individual in assembly manufacturing.
Plexpack Corp. delivers flexible packaging machinery solutions and certain results for customers worldwide. Our Emplex Bag & Pouch Sealing, Damark Shrinkwrap & Bundling Systems, and VacPack Vascuum Gas Flush Sealers are customizable, made-to-order with the unique needs, reputation and budget of our customers in mind. Modular and innovative designs are easy to install, maintain, and expand. They provide line and product flexibility, and ensure our customers’ packaging operations perform to their own highest standards. Plexpack is growing and is looking for an addition to our modular assembly team to build high quality, reliable equipment modules, options and full equipment builds. Please learn more about our products and see the equipment the right candidate would have a hand in building at plexpack.com
- Performing bench-type modular assembly processes to complete sub-assemblies from part kits using hand, electronic, and pneumatic tools.
- Final assembly of packaging equipment and building of various manual to semi-automatic units from subassemblies to final assembly levels.
- Read work orders and work within an assembly group to achieve quality and efficient builds.
- Assemble, install and fit parts according to plans/drawings
- Read specifications on blueprints and drawings
- Perform manufacturing assembly operations and various tasks following procedures, bills of materials, work instructions, and schematics / drawings.
- Must follow all safety and quality procedures company wide.
- Daily housekeeping and maintaining equipment and surrounding work area;
- Prompt and regular attendance and working all assigned hours;
- Perform any other duties, as required.
The Successful Applicant will have:
- 2+ years and high degree of confidence in mechanical assembly / machine building experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required; relevant vocational training preferred
- Ability to read mechanical schematics and assembly drawings
- Knowledge and experience with pneumatics and hydraulics
- Ability to learn and perform multiple manufacturing tasks including machine trouble-shooting and quality checks
- A high interest to learn and be challenged, love of working with their hands and have at least a basic knowledge of mechanics
- Must be able to handle physical requirements of job (continuous standing, occasional lifting of 10-50 pounds)
- Must have experience operating various power tools
- Machine Shop and computer-related skills would be an asset
- Fluent in English
- Meticulous and a team player
Who We Are
Plexpack Corporation designs and manufactures high quality flexible packaging equipment solutions. More than 5,000 customers worldwide depend on our Emplex Bag Sealers, VacPack MAP Systems, and Damark Shrinkwrap Systems for packaging efficiency, product integrity, safe transport, and attractive presentation.
We deliver standard and customizable, made-to-order solutions with our customers’ unique needs, reputation, and budget in mind. We have options for nearly any production environment and experience in a wide range of applications. For nearly 50 years Plexpack has been known for quickly delivering innovative solutions that are simple to use with superior performance and return on investment.
Every Plexpack solution is backed by multilingual support and service from our offices in Canada and the US and our international network of distribution partners.
What Plexpack Offers Our Employees
- Work/life balance
- Being a part of a flexible, dynamic SME with a strong global reputation
- Culture of friendly, supportive, collaborative, and successful people
- The chance to expand your professional and personal skills
- Opportunities for sponsored training and educational development
- A stable company who stands behind nearly 50 years of business excellence and continuous improvement
- Learning and working with leaders in an essential and critical industries within the supply chain
- Supporting an exciting global customer base that spans a variety of industries and ranging in size from start up to Fortune 100.
- Working in an inclusive, diverse, and ethical environment.
Why Choose Plexpack
Plexpack aspires to provide its employees a rewarding and fulfilling career. We strive to create an inclusive, supportive, and collaborative environment while providing opportunities for advancement, competitive salaries, learning and education opportunities, and a flexible benefits package. When you join Plexpack, you are joining a team of outstanding, motivated individuals, many of whom with pride of long-term service. Our diversity is a core strength that contributes to professional and personal development and a rich work experience.
With 3 strategically located offices and over 100 channel partners, we are proud to be a global leader flexible packaging equipment manufacture, provision, and support. The key to our success is understanding our customer needs and aligning those needs throughout the organization to provide high quality equipment while delivering top notch customer experience, outstanding value, and overall satisfaction and brand loyalty.
You Make a Difference!
We are solutions-driven and customer-focused and welcome energetic emerging leaders and experience professionals that can drive company mandates into the future. When you are on the job for us, you can take pride in knowing that your actions not only support and boost our customers’ productivity, package integrity, and sales, but that you are also contributing to an essential part of the global supply chain as a whole.
Reference ID: MechTech2021
Expected start date: 2021-05-24
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $16.00-$18.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Plexpack has stringent policies for workers onsite, with mask mandates, distanced working, cleaning protocols, and barriers were appropriate.