Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Reporting to the Manager, External Financial Reporting, the External Financial Reporting Analyst is responsible to perform tasks of a financial reporting nature. As part of these tasks, the External Financial Reporting Analyst performs financial statement consolidation and prepares consolidated and legal entity financial statements.
- To analyze movements in consolidated numbers and be able to provide explanations;
- To perform quarterly and annual consolidation for inclusion in reports to parent and other legal entity statements;
- To prepare statutory quarterly and annual legal entity financial statements (including financial statement notes);
- To assist the manager to provide auditors with financial information as required;
- To assist the manager in the preparation of the quarterly Audit Committee material;
- To complete all other tasks as assigned; and
- To uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct.
- Currently holds or is actively pursuing accounting designation (CPA)
- 3+ years related experience
- Working knowledge of IFRS and solid understanding of financial statements prepared under IFRS
- Experience with accounting and/or enterprise reporting systems preferred
- Experience in preparation of audit working papers
- Knowledge of financial concepts and principles
- Ability to interpret financial reports, ledgers, graphs and tables
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking and influence skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player with the flexibility to support a variety of projects
- Result and task oriented
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.
If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.