Position: Senior DevOps Engineer
Position Type: Full Time, Permanent
Reports to: Manager, Cloud & Architecture
Location: Toronto, ON
Division: Postmedia Digital
Postmedia is Canada leading media publication company and has been at the forefront of the digital space, representing some of the country’s oldest and best known media brands. With a team of award-winning journalists, innovative product developers, and talented digital marketing professionals, we strive to bring engaging content to millions of people every day whenever, wherever and however they want it. This exceptional breadth of content, reach and scope offer advertisers and marketers compelling digital solutions to effectively reach target audiences.
At Postmedia, we value open communication between our employees and managers. Our mission is to ensure that our employees have the abilities and aspirations to meet business requirements in alignment with our company values. To support the continuous growth of our Postmedia expansion, we are always on the lookout for amazing talent to join our fast growing team!
Postmedia Digital is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer. If you’re the happiest tinkering with new tech, and helping developers who would love to use it, automating everything, and being proud that PagerDuty hasn’t escalated an alert in over a quarter, we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- Automating all the things
- Mentoring and providing support to software developers and other Ops and DevOps team members
- Debugging and diagnosing when there’s a fire that needs fighting
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining a medium-scale virtualized Linux server environment and the software development and DevOps pipelines that feed it
- Capacity planning and performance tuning
- Supporting production applications in a level 3 on-call rotation (with extremely low off-hours call volume, being on call about one week of every four, and no level 1 on call)
- Reviewing pull requests and ensuring that they meet our standards
- Troubleshooting and problem solving large, complex, multi-team issues
Who you are:
- At least five years of senior systems and/or network administration experience, Linux or Unix focused
- Experience managing medium scale, high growth, high availability, multi-server environments using an advanced configuration management system like Ansible, Chef, or Puppet (and have rational, solid reasons why you like the one you like)
- Familiarity with some or all of following technologies: Debian or Ubuntu, PHP, Java or Scala, Apache, MySQL, Redis/Memcached, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Spark Streaming, Hadoop or Storm, web applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Post-secondary education in a relevant discipline or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency in the use of Ansible (or Puppet or Chef or Terraform or maybe something you’ve written yourself) to configure AWS services and everything else
- Used Vagrant, Docker, or a similar tool to set up a local development VM and written code to provision that VM
- Lives and breathes CI in an Amazon AWS environment
- Wants to work in an agile environment, constantly trying to improve technology, processes, coordination, and communication
Should you be interested in this opportunity please apply with your resume and cover letter.
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
We thank in advance all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. Only candidates legally eligible to work in Canada will be considered. No phone calls or agencies please.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all areas of the hiring process. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please make your needs known in advance. Accommodation requests will be provided on an individual basis.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to employment equity and an inclusive barrier-free selection process and work environment. Postmedia Network Inc. encourages applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent