Dec 25, 2021
North York, CA, M9L 1L8
Facility Location- Weston
Work Location - North York
Posting Locations - North York
Department - Weston Quality Assurance Team
Job Function - Quality & Engineering
Employee Type - Regular Employee FT Salaried
Proudly Canadian and Independently Owned, we are Coke Canada Bottling!
Coke Canada Bottling is Canada's premier bottling company. We are an independently owned business encompassing over 5,800 associates, more than 50 sales and distribution centres, and five production facilities nationwide.
We have a 120-year heritage of manufacturing, marketing, selling, and distributing the major branded ready-to-drink products Canadians love.
We pride ourselves on building diverse and sustainable relationships with our customers, consumers, stakeholders, and communities through our shared values: lead with an entrepreneurial mindset, collaboration, integrity, accountability, quality and safety.
Our brands include: Coca-Cola®, Diet Coke®, Coca-Cola® Zero Sugar, Coca-Cola Life™, Sprite®, Fanta®, Barq's®, NESTEA®, POWERADE®, Minute Maid®, DASANI® and vitaminwater®; and our partner brands: Canada Dry®, Monster Energy®, and A&W®.
About This Opportunity
The Quality Assurance Supervisor is a fulltime position located at the Bottling Production Facility in North York. Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager, the Quality Assurance Supervisor supervises and coordinates activities within the quality assurance department while working in close collaboration with the members of the production facility. The incumbent ensures that quality assurance activities are performed correctly and efficiently on the assets in the production facility utilizing preventive and predictive quality assurance tactics.
Must be available to work morning/ afternoon and overnight shifts. Thursday – Sunday from 6am -6pm & 6pm -6am. You will be working 5 days, 8 hour shifts or 4 days 10 hour shifts.
- Staff, train, supervise, develop and evaluate team members.
- Provide a safe work environment by having regular Safety crew talks and promote safety awareness policy.
- Manages daily Quality Assurance and Sanitation activities of the team in a unionized environment, work orders, work schedules, timesheet approvals, maintains employee files, ensuring daily tasks and procedures are followed out safely and correctly.
- To ensure the products produced in facility are meeting quality, food safety and regulatory standards
- Reviews KPI's, deciding and implementing corrective measures to the achieve KPI’
- Ensure proper transfer of information between the shifts and departments
- Comply with all Company/Plant policies and Regulatory guidelines including but not limited to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), ISO, HACCP and QSE (Quality, Safety and Environment standards)
- Manages labour and Supplies within budgetary restrictions.
- Proven leadership/supervisory experience is required
- Ability to work evening shift and weekends.
- Excellent general computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment with a positive attitude
- Builds and maintains strong business relationships
- Highly detailed problem-solving approach that comes to a solution in a timely fashion
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet target deadlines
- Strong ability to effectively communicate in English (Oral and written)
- University Degree in Bachelor of Science preferred
- Preference given to applicants with HACCP/Food Safety knowledge and experience
- Basic knowledge of ISO 9000 and ISO 22000 principles.
- Previous work in a maintenance Quality Assurance Manufacturing environment required
All offers of employment at Coca-Cola Canada Bottling Limited (“Coke Canada Bottling”) are conditional upon a successful background clearance obtained through our contracted third-party vendor. The standard clearance requirements depend on the position and may include some or all of the following: criminal clearance, employment verification, education verification and drivers abstract review. Please advise the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions or concerns in regards to this once you are contacted for further consideration.
Coke Canada Bottling is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce with several programs, policies and resources in place to support our people. For individuals requiring accommodations or support throughout the recruitment process please contact our Talent Acquisition Services team by calling 1-844-383-2653 or email HR@cokecanada. com.
For more information about Coke Canada Bottling, please visit cokecanada.com
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- quality assurance: 1 year (preferred)