If you’re passionate about being a part of a team that is, committed to the Team Member Experience and driven by innovation and growth, then join us!
The Activation Aide is a critical role within our communities as it impacts the lives of residents and ignites the warmth of human connection.
As an Activation Aide your typical day will impact in the following ways:
- Coordinating, planning activities, communicating programs, purchasing supplies, decorating, setting up, facilitates, overseeing and assisting residents, cleaning up, documenting, and evaluating programs.
- Actively and effectively facilitating programs in the care community including but not limited to, small and large groups and special events that meet the needs of the residents.
- Completing resident assessments and establishing goals and interventions based on the residents identified needs and concerns.
- Completing documentation related to programming including but not limited to assessment, attendance, progress notes, care plans, and quarterly reviews.
- Seeking opportunities to collaborate with other therapy programs i.e. pet therapy, music therapy, art therapy, and to connect the Long Term Care residents with the community.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Bonus points for having:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in activation, recreation and leisure studies, therapeutic recreation, kinesiology or other related field from a community college or university or current enrolment in a community college or university in a diploma or degree program in such a field.
- Current Standard and/or Emergency First Aid and CPR Certification.
- Food Handlers Certificate is required.
- Previous experience in program planning, documentation, and evaluation required.
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Vulnerable Sector Check. Applicable to Ontario applicants.
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Criminal Records Check. Applicable to British Columbia applicants.
- Competency in Point Click Care, MS Office is an asset.
Act upon your desire to help others and Join Sienna Senior Living as we continue to enhance the lives of those we serve.
For Ontario locations, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process.