Commisso’s Fresh Foods offers a wide variety of products that range from our in-house kitchen and bakery, fresh meat and produce to imports from all over Europe. When choosing the right products to carry, we focus on fresh, organic, and speciality products that cannot be found within Niagara Region. If you are passionate about food and are driven to provide excellent customer service to our customers; we want to meet you!
Our customers depend on our staff to provide excellent products and accurate knowledge when it comes to purchasing deli and food items for their families. In the role of Customer Service Clerk (Food Service), you will play an integral role in ensuring customers are able to shop our deli department for the products they are looking for.
Shifts: Days, afternoons, evenings, weekends and select holidays.
Job Type: Part-time and Full-time.
Compensation: $14.00 to $16.00 per hour, commensurate with experience.
Why Choose Commisso’s?
- Opportunity to grow in a fast-paced business with a fresh and healthy-living appeal;
- Opportunity to work in a family business where you can feel like you are part of a focused winning team;
- Discount on select items within the store; and
- Opportunity to grow within the Company.
What you’ll do:
- Greeting customers and answering questions in a friendly manner, proactively assisting and providing accurate and timely information, making product/ service recommendations and accommodating special requests;
- Maintaining the overall appearance of the department;
- Ensuring meat cases are well-merchandised and properly signed to showcase quality;
- Preparing, packaging, sorting, and pricing/labeling goods for customers;
- Stocking and rotating products in all displays, and ensuring that none are past the sell-by date;
- Meeting or exceeding Company guidelines regarding hygiene, presentation and customer service at deli cases and workstations;
- Taking ownership of duties and responsibilities performed throughout the department; and
- Complying with all Commisso’s policies and procedures and maintaining customer confidentiality.
This job is also referred to as: deli clerk, delicatessen clerk, deli worker, food prep, deli prep, food clerk, culinary prep.
What you will need to succeed:
- Previous experience in a fast-paced work environment;
- Previous experience in a deli department or related food-handling role is considered an asset;
- Food safety certified an asset;
- Must be able to lift thirty (30) pounds; and
- Must be able to stand at workstations for extend periods of time.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates, please send resume to Commisso’s Fresh Foods Human Resources Department. We thank all who apply however, only those considered will be contacted for an interview.
Commisso’s Fresh Foods is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. Commisso’s Fresh Foods believes in fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment that brings people together to realize their full potential. We are committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
- call center: 1 year (Preferred)
- food service: 1 year (Preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)