Hours of Work:
Monday to Friday; days
Time of Day:
Under the direction of the Department Manager or delegate, the Biomedical Technologist II will participate and contribute to the medical equipment management program of the department. The Biomedical Technologist II will repair, maintain and conduct preventative maintenance on various medical and electro-medical equipment including devices within the ORs to ensure safe and proper function for both patient's and users as well as documenting and maintaining accurate records of equipment repair history and distribution.
RESPONSIBILITIES:Some responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- College Diploma in Electronics; Biomedical; Electrical or Instrumentation Engineering or Technologist Degree
- Five years experience as a Biomedical Technologist or equivalent experience in the repair or maintenance of medical equipment
- Preference given to experience with Operating Room equipment
- Experience in the use of computers in a Windows environment such as spreadsheet applications and computerized databases
- Basic understanding/knowledge of computer networking
- Evidence of strong organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines is essential
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, courteously and tactfully with colleagues and clients
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be self motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Willingness and ability to travel (must have valid driver's licence) to satellite clinics
- Proven ability to attend work regularly
HOURS OF WORK:
- Repairs, installs, maintains, calibrates and inspects medical equipment and instrumentation to ensure compliance with established industry standards, CSA standards and manufacturer's operational specifications.
- Performs preventative maintenance, incoming equipment inspection and routine electrical safety inspections or other procedures as required.
- Routinely communicates equipment issues and supply needs to the Manager or delegate.
- Provides technical assistance and instruction to users and team members regarding equipment operation and maintenance.
- Assists in maintaining adequate inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Maintains accurate records of equipment including maintenance history, associated costs and duration of work.
- Modifies existing equipment for custom applications or updated function, fabrication of custom equipment.
- Participates on on-call rotation for after hours support.
- Participates in the interview and selection process for co-op students and provides supervision and direction on a daily basis
- All other duties as assigned.
Monday to Friday; days; May be required to work afternoon or weekend shifts occasionally when required
Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
St. Joe’s fosters an environment where we celebrate diversity, where teams reflect the diversity of the community in which we serve, enhancing the connection to patients, clients, community, and each other.