OZ Optics Limited is a leading worldwide supplier of fiber optic products, test equipment and sensors. It is located in Canada's capital city of Ottawa and established in 1985.
- Every employee receives full benefits including medical, dental, optical and life insurance with the premiums paid for by OZ Optics.
- Opportunity to work along side with subject matter experts in fiber optics
- Opportunity to work on world-class products with cutting-edge technologies
- Best recreational facilities company can offer. Squash and basketball courts, weight-training rooms, indoor pool, sauna, and hot tub for use by employees
- Staff events - adult and children's holiday parties, Easter egg hunt, family summer barbeque, and soccer games.
- Free on-site parking
The Controller is reporting to the CEO of the company and responsible for the financial day to day operations reporting of the Company including Internal and External reporting, Treasury, Financial Systems, General Accounting, Payroll and ERP.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the financial and accounting staff in line with Business objectives.
- Ensure that the purchases/payables/payments cycle complies with Company policy.
- Ensure the integrity and reliability of the financial information provided to internal and external customers, investors, and authorities.
- Review and analyze aged A/R and A/P sub-ledgers and identify any potential issues.
- Review and authorize: Customer credit limit adjustment
- All outgoing payments in accordance with Company policy.
- All Customer credit notes.
- All general journal entries in accordance with Company policy.
- Oversee month-end close and account reconciliations.
- Update and maintain the Master Accounting Manual.
- Present to CEO of issues and concerns alternatives and recommendations.
- Plan and manage the annual audit and quarterly review processes to ensure timely availability of financial information.
- Ensure that the Company’s cash resources are managed effectively.
- Implement and monitor the Company’s annual budget process and ensure compliance from the various departments.
- Ensure that the Company is in compliance with the various Canadian and American government authorities.
- Prepare and review monthly reporting to the Executive team as well as quarterly reporting to the audit committee and Board of Directors.
- Prepare monthly reporting for banks.
- Monitor and minimize the various financial risks (i.e. credit risk, currency risks) which can adversely impact the Company’s financial position.
- Work with operations management to ensure that their financial reporting needs are being met.
- Accounting designation is required.
- 5 + years direct experience in manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision.
- Ability to work with tight deadlines.
- Extensive accounting and financial knowledge- both in US and CDN. GAAP
- Experience in SEC and OSC compliance reporting.
- Ability to handle and prioritize many work assignments at once.
- Excellent computer and communications skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work well and influence all levels of the organization
- Ability to see and understand the “big picture” while providing and implementing tactical elements required to achieve the business goals.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- direct experience in Manufacturing environment: 5 years (Required)
- Accounting designation (Required)