ABOUT THE JOB:
We believe that respect for people and continuous improvement will drive the success of ourselves and our business. The Technical Sales Representative is a key member to that success, as the position will be part of our dedicated inside sales team that provides creative engineered solutions, relevant advice and superior customer service. This position is a conduit for communication with clients externally as well as internally. All employees must gain adequate knowledge of AE Concrete procedures, equipment and products to perform the job duties efficiently and with a quality conscious manner. Work is not supervised in detail, and the amount of supervision varies depending upon the assignment and proven knowledge.
This position will have a focus to ensure quick responses to custom product sales calls to provide technical sales support to clients, provide product knowledge, standard, modified & custom product quotations, and written proposals for recommendations in-line with customer needs and specifications. Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations; as well as, the Company Health and Safety Responsibilities and Accountabilities and actively promote AE Concrete’s safety vision.
- Estimating materials for projects by examining contract drawings and specifications to compile quantities for quotation purposes.
- Provides written and verbal quotations for standard, modified and customized precast products based on information provided by the customer.
- Provides initial customer interface providing product knowledge and technical information relative to customer needs.
- Prepares quantity take-offs and interpretations of submitted customer drawings for single and multiple quantity products.
- Clearly communicate solutions to customers through the creation of quotations using CAD drawings, pictures or sketches to support the solution.
- Calculating prices and sending quotations to contractors and consultants based on company marketing principles.
- Proactively tracking tender results by contacting purchasing departments, consultants, and contractors to follow up on opportunities to maximize overall sales performance.
- Verifies and accurately processes customer orders for all precast products and manages the project until completion.
- Liaisons between the customer and all internal operations on the progress of orders versus target dates.
- Work with Outside Sales Representatives (OSRs) to estimate and quote standard, modified and/or custom projects.
- Ensures compliance to quality systems and procedures.
- After work hours may be required to meet deadlines including attending events to build customer relationships and enhance AE Concrete’s image in the industry.
- Other duties and responsibilities.
- Preferably a Diploma or Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or Relevant Technical Diploma/Degree and/or equivalent education/work experiences
- Understanding of the precast and construction industry and knowledge of precast manufacturing techniques will be considered an asset (concrete, rebar, steel)
- Above average computer skills including AutoCAD, SAP, Microsoft Suite; Word, Excel, & Outlook
- 2 to 3+ years previous experience as a Sales/Customer Service Representative preferred
- Experience in estimating and/or hands-on building experience would be an asset
- Strong math skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Responds quickly with a sense of urgency
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Organized, proactive and strong planner
- Positive attitude
- Must possess solid organizational skills, exceptional attention to detail with a strong and professional work ethic and work in a team environment
- Ability to create strong working relationships in both an independent and team environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks while completing assignments within deadlines
- Strong work ethic, likes a challenge, and able to handle stress
- Committed to continuously improving one’s self, personally & professionally
Reference ID: TSR2021-12-06
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
We are following all Public Health Orders and Worksafe BC guidelines.
- Sales or Customer Service: 2 years (required)