Are you a dynamic individual who is passionate about people, and is constantly looking for ways to enhance the employee experience? Are you are a self-starter with exceptional drive? Do you have curiosity for learning new things and do you have a passion for process improvement? If the answer is yes, then we’d like to hear from you!
We are looking for a Bilingual Labour Relations Benefits Specialist with strong communication and effective interpersonal skills. A positive mindset and can-do attitude in addition to talent, passion and focused on the employee experience. You are passionate about people and able to gain your colleagues’ trust quickly. You are a dedicated labour relations benefits specialist with 3-5 years of related experience within a CPG, multi-national environment. You possess advance knowledge / exposure to Quebec labour law, health/dental benefits, pension, retirement and leave of absence guidelines, services and tools (experience with Sun Life preferred). You have high attention to details and strong organizational skills, with advance skills in Microsoft Excel, and good working knowledge of SAP.
YOU ARE GOING TO
- Act as main point of contact for employee benefits related inquiries (extended health, dental, insurance and pension) & disability programs
- Bring Health & Well-Being initiatives to life through the design, the development and deployment of creative and innovative programs
- Make proactive recommendations on benefits process and program improvements focusing on enhancing the employee experience
- Lead our benefits program by accurately maintaining employee records as well as assist and collaborate in the annual renewal process
- Work with people managers and disability managers on return to work accommodation schedules
- Assess eligibility and enrolls employees in the benefits plan according to policy
- Ensure accuracy of rates and membership between SAP Payroll system and Sun Life (Oasis) by auditing our systems
- Support with configuration and testing for annual pension and benefits re-enrollments, answering employee questions, coordinating benefit related forms
- Manage vendor relationships and lead review meetings to ensure exceptional employee experience and high service level
- Be responsible for accurate processing monthly benefit billings & reconciling year-end taxable benefit to ensure data accuracy
- Create effective communication that highlights the pension and benefits programs that we offer
- As required support with pension enquiries, new member orientation, government filings and Pension Board preparation
- Serve as a liaison to resolve disputes between employees and management
- Evaluate labor laws and maintain records on employee grievance
- Investigate validity of labor grievances by researching case law or outcomes from hearings and prepare evidence
- Support P&C Operations Manager with the Manpower movement
- Ensure that human resources policies are consistent with union CLA agreements
Let’s talk about what you bring
- Bilingual (English & French)
- 3 -5 years of related benefits experience within a CPG, multi-national environment
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-orientation, while still maintaining awareness of the big picture
- Strong organizational, planning and time/project management skills
- Ability to manage relationships with both internal and external customers
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and within a collaborative, environment
- Agility in thought and approach
- Software: MS PowerPoint, Word, and Intermediate Excel skills (v-look-up, pivot tables)
- CHRL or CEBS designation an asset
- Bachelor Degree in Industrial Relations
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the opportunity to join a global business leader where you can grow in a wide range of business functions. You will have the chance to build your professional expertise, business understanding, and leadership capabilities in a collaborative, challenging and results-oriented environment. Our People & Culture department fosters excellence in execution and is comprised of dedicated people all working together to continue to grow our status as industry leaders. We offer our employees a competitive salary, an attractive compensation package, including flexible work schedules.
WHO WE ARE?
We are Rothmans, Benson & Hedges Inc. Philip Morris International’s subsidiary in Canada -an International Fortune 500 Company. Today we are Canada's second largest tobacco company. In addition, RBH Inc. was awarded Top Employer for 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020. We currently employ over 700 people throughout our six corporate and sales offices and our factory.
Our parent company PMI is one of the world’s leading international tobacco company. In addition to the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, PMI is engaged in the development and commercialization of Reduced-Risk Products (“RRPs”). RRPs is the term we used to refer to products that present, are likely to present, or have the potential to present less risk of harm to smokers who switch to these products versus continued smoking. PMI has a range of RRPs in various stages of development, scientific assessment and commercialization.
Click on the following link to learn more about the science behind the RRPs: https://www.pmiscience.com/
Rothmans, Benson & Hedges is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all current and prospective employees, as well as to promoting a culture of inclusion and respect for each individual. We celebrate the innovation that diversity creates in the work environment, and we recognize that each employee brings their own unique capabilities, experiences and perspectives to the organization. It is this diversity that adds value to our teams, as well as to our stakeholders.
In particular, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, ancestry, colour, religion, sex, marital/family status (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, immigrant and newcomer status, gender identity/expression, age, citizenship, or disability. We consider qualified applicants who have passed the criminal background checks, consistent with legal requirements.
We strive to recognize and value diversity and equity, and to ensure the inclusion of underrepresented groups and the four designated groups: women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. We value, respect, and equally support applicants from these groups.
We welcome and encourage applicants to reach their full potential with us. If you are unable to apply for a position online, or require any further accommodation during our recruitment process, please contact: AODA.RBH@rbhinc.ca.