This position is designed to help manage, coordinate, and execute all details and aspects of the events and groups turned over by the Sales Department and assigned to the Director of Events. The Director of Events will be required to convey all necessary information effectively and efficiently for each group and event in order to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Always provide the highest levels of customer service to internal partners and external clients.
- Deliver successful experiences for the planner and attendees with the goal of garnering both repeat and referral business.
- Respond in a quick, timely, and professional manner to all internal partners and external customers and deliver clear and concise communiqué that is representative of Concord Hospitality via all avenues of communication.
- Demonstrate excellent time management, self-motivation, and organizationally savvy with a keen focus on details.
- Prepare for and participate in all necessary internal meetings, conference calls, reporting, planning, and other communications required for this position. Also prepare for and participate in client site visits, tasting panels, pre- and post-cons planning meetings, networking, and other customer-centric meetings.
Effectively and efficiently monitor and manage all aspects of the pre-event, event, and post-event details: Track, detail, and communicate the particulars of each assigned event and group - including but not limited to
- - room blocks, meeting space, special concessions, group history and other reports, cut-off and other key dates, contract clauses, group resumes, event orders and BEO’s, billing details, and other integral aspects of groups and events.
- Liaise with the Director of Food & Beverage to provide oversight of Banquet operations.
- Work with internal and external partners to accurately forecast group rooms and F & B revenues, as well as understand the conditions and strategies that will maximize released space and rooms and impact hotel revenues.
- Effectively upsell food & beverage to drive profitability and revenues for the hotel.
- Gain knowledge of hotel’s food and beverage products, pricing and presentation, and learn about the hotel’s function space, audio visual, and any other details related to event success.
- Learn and use digital sales systems (i.e. CI/TY, Lightspeed, MARSHA, etc.) and understand the hotel’s revenue strategies (i.e. product pricing, budgeted goals, etc.). Implement these tools and resources in order to accomplish individual and team goals and efficiently complete job duties.
- Due to the nature of groups and events, be willing and able to attend customer functions as needed. The EM may be required to work varying schedules required by needs of the business.
Most tasks performed by the Director of Events are conducted independently and with minimal direct supervision, or in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader. Endeavor to work in a unified and collaborative way - one that fosters team work
- - and adopt an entrepreneurial spirit that enables one to make the best possible decisions for hotel and achieve the team’s overall goals.
- Work to consistently meet the goals and performance metrics as required for this position, as outlined by hotel brand, Concord, your Regional VPS, and your supervisor.
- Own your career development and be an advocate for training and job opportunities that will allow you to continue to hone and develop your talents, skills, creativity, and personal and professional growth.
- Carry out any reasonable requests made by Management and seek to comply with company policies and procedures.
- Passion and drive to work and excel in the Hospitality Industry.
- Highly organized with attention to detail and excels in a fast- paced environment, with a desire to meet or exceed client expectations.
- Minimum of five years of hospitality experience with a minimum of two years Event Management experience in full-service and select service hotels preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in the execution of weddings preferred.
- Proven experience in maintaining and building relationships with clients.
- Exceptionally strong service skills to ensure superior guest service while recognizing the value of the guest and associates.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Strong presentation skills, creativity and story-telling a key attribute in promoting The Dorian, Autograph Collection.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Experience with Marriott systems will be considered an asset.
At Concord Hospitality, our Managers earn competitive wages, receive our extensive benefit package including dental/vision plans, life insurance, LTD, tuition assistance plus training & development and career advancement opportunities.
Our culture is based on our five Cornerstones and they are what we consider our foundation: Quality, Integrity, Community, Profitability, and Fun. It’s important to us to provide a great work environment for our associates and we strive to hire the BEST associates in the market.
Our “Associate First” culture supports and inspires personal development both within the workplace and beyond. Concord’s associates are what our company is built on, and we strive to recognize them for their hard work, dedication, and commitment to excellence. We value work life balance, diversity, and our commitment to provide the best customer service and quality accommodations in every market we exist.