SeaFort Capital is a private investment firm based in Halifax that makes direct control investments in profitable mid-sized Canadian companies. Founded in 2012 by a small group of private investors, SeaFort partners with strong management teams to strengthen and grow profitable businesses.
SeaFort Capital is seeking an Associate to work in its Halifax Office. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work as part of a small, dynamic team that actively manages investments in businesses across Canada. The Associate will participate in all aspects of the investment process, including research, deal sourcing, due diligence, business analysis, deal execution and ongoing portfolio company support.
- Develop industry and market analyses to identify and understand trends
- Support the screening, diligence and execution of new investments
- Build financial models to assist in investment evaluation, structuring and pricing
- Work with existing portfolio companies to monitor performance and provide support
- Support marketing and generation of new investment opportunities
- Other duties as required
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years relevant experience
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Finance, Business or a related field
- CFA, CBV or CPA designation would be valuable
- Exceptional analytical, financial modeling and valuation skills
- Confident and able to work independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- French language skills would be valuable but not required
SeaFort Capital is committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Job Type: Full-time