Are you a strong leader in full cycle accounting? Maybe you are considering a move to Vancouver Island? If you are looking for a family-owned and operated business to contribute to as a leader in accounting and financial reporting, consider Nanaimo Honda. We value our employees as family and are looking forward to bringing a proficient and dynamic Controller onboard to enhance our corporate team.
Beyond our competitive compensation and benefits package, we provide a close-knit team environment with the opportunity for longevity and growth to support career development.
Major responsibilities for this position include monthly financial and operational reporting, developing and maintaining internal control policies and procedures and monitoring day-to-day accounting and inventory processes.
What You’ll Do:
· Assign and review the work of the administration team offering input and guidance;
· Plan, direct and implement all accounting activities;
· Establish and monitor internal controls and regulatory compliance;
· Facilitate the budget process for all departments;
· Prepare, analyze, and present monthly financial statements and reports;
· Provide solutions for potential variances and discrepancies;
· Analyze cash flow and daily management of cash revenues according to policy;
· Oversee reports to ensure timely and accurate completion of finance duties such as bookkeeping, general ledger maintenance, bank, A/R, A/P, payroll etc.;
· Improve data integrity and information reporting throughout the dealership;
· Support month-end and year-end close process;
· Coordinate bi- annual physical inventory and review;
· Prepare, analyze and present inventory and costing reports;
· Act as liaison to external accountants and coordinate year end procedures;
· Manage ad hoc requests as necessary;
· Provide HR support and other administrative duties as required.
What You’ll Bring:
· Post- secondary education in Accounting or Finance or related discipline;
· A professional designation in Accounting (CPA) is an asset;
· Minimum of 5 to 7 years of progressive financial reporting;
· Previous experience in a management role;
· Experience in PBS software an asset;
· Strategic financial management and recording skills;
· Excellent leadership and communication skills;
· Strong organizational skills and attention-to-detail;
Apply to today! We can’t wait to meet you!
We are committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations if needed. We will consult with you and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.
We thank you in advance for your application, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $86,000-$96,000.00 per year
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $86,000.00-$96,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Store discount
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- accounting: 5 years (preferred)
- Chartered Professional Accountant (preferred)
Work Location: In person