Garden Centre Team Lead / Supervisor – Plant Specialist (Horticulturalist) – FT Seasonal with option to stay on as staff member in the winter months inside the Retail Store.
Come join us at Canadian Tire Midland. Situated on Georgian Bay, The Town of Midland boasts affordability, work- life balance and a natural feeling of home. Take a bike ride on the Tay Shore Trail, along the water’s edge through the Midland Town Dock. Enjoy boating, camping, beautiful beaches or snowmobile, snowshoe or ski in the winter months in the great outdoors. A short drive to Orillia, Wasaga and Barrie.
Canadian Tire Midland is a progressive leading retailer with a focus on customer service and is a true learning organization, attentively seeking to develop its employees throughout their career.
If you are an energetic and positive team player that is passionate about retail, coaching and customer service - we have the position for you!
With the opportunity to grow into a Department Manager, Store Manager, or even General Manager position in a large network of more than 485 Canadian Tire Stores across the country and an even larger opportunity base across the larger Canadian Tire Family (i.e., Canadian Tire Petroleum, Partsource, Mark’s, FGL Sports Ltd, Canadian Tire Corporation Limited) Canadian Tire Midland will help you grow in your career.
- Previous experience working with plants in a Retail Environment, as a Horticultural Technician / Landscape Technician considered an asset
- Knowledge of plants, soils and fertilizers as well as disease and pest controls: perennials, trees, shrubs and annuals, diagnosing pest and disease issues with plants, horticulture and floral design
- Experience in retail sales, execution and operations: merchandising, receiving and unloading deliveries, process POS and Cash transactions
- Tend to plants and maintain Greenhouse area
- Demonstrated supervisory, leadership and/or managerial experience or relevant experience considered an asset
- Basic math and typing skills.
- Experience in a Canadian Tire store is considered an asset.
- Forklift experience considered an asset
· Standing / walking for 8 hours
· Lifting / carrying “light” to “heavy” items as required on a regular, frequent unassisted basis
· Lifting and turning repeatedly throughout the shift
· Twisting, turning, pushing, pulling, reaching and working above shoulder level
*Only successful applicants will be contacted. Your Resume will be kept on file for 90 days, after this point please re-submit your application to any future positions that you may be interested in.
Canadian Tire Midland is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Kate Heasman(Human Resources Manager) at 705-526-9321 Ext 192.
Part-time hours: 0-32 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: $14.25-$17.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Profit sharing
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Supervisor: 1 year (Preferred)