As the Temporary Shelter Worker, you will be working to support our Housing program and clients. In this position you will provide intake, monitor guests, and attend to the well-being and safety of shelter clients during the night. You will also be responsible for maintaining a comfortable and clean-living environment and be a support for the regular operations of all housing programs.
1. Monitors residents through the night and attends to any medical and behavioural needs that arise.
2. Notifies supervisor of any major problems or emergencies. Responds to emergencies in accordance with established policies and procedures.
3. Ensures that residents follow shelter rules.
4. Ensures that logbooks and other documentation such incident reports are complete.
5. Performs housekeeping duties such as vacuuming, dusting, emptying garbage, cleaning and laundry. Performs minor building maintenance such as changing light bulbs. Reports maintenance needs to the supervisor.
6. Secures the building by arming alarms and locking doors and windows.
7. Performs other related duties as required.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Grade 12 and Six (6) months recent related experience. Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Excellent communication, organizational, computer and problem-solving skills essential
- Culturally competent
- Knowledge of local resources
- Current First Aid, successful completion of Criminal Record check, class 5 driver’s license considered an asset but not required.
This Job is 12 hour shifts, 4 Days on 4 Days off, 2000-0800 and 0800-2000
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $20.16 /hour
- Related: 1 year (Preferred)