The Category Manager carries out the organization’s Merchandising strategy in a category for our client.
This role is responsible for ensuring the best product, price, & placement in the retail cannabis space, as well as promotional planning & delivering to our sales, margin, & inventory targets.
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
- Deliver to KPI targets, including sales, margin and inventory for category.
- Build category tactics that support the department/banner strategy.
- Manage promotional & category sales mixes to achieve banner targets by geographic region.
- Translate strategic category plans into tactical merchandising activities.
- Identify opportunities in line with consumer trends & banner strategies.
- Build vendor relationships to enable effective strategic planning.
- Analyze category performance in the market place & at competitors.
- Ensure the Category Plans align to the banner promotional & pricing strategies.
- Collaborate with cross-functional departments.
- Forecasting and forecast accuracy.
- Increase market share.
- Negotiate offerings and pricing with vendors.
- Ensure competitive assortment and competitive pricing.
- Ensure products and assortment are on brand.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- University degree & 1-3 years of relevant experience in retail category management.
- Proven success in retail category management & exceeding KPI targets.
- Proven success working collaboratively, both internally and externally.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong process & organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to innovate & operate with varying levels of uncertainty.
- Passionate & enthusiastic about retail.
- Strong Microsoft excel skills.
- Knowledge of cannabis & accessory products is an asset.
Compensation and Benefits
- A competitive salary and benefits package will be provided.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent