Now Hiring! Fortune is looking to add talented people to our team! If you are interested in working for a respected and professional construction firm, with plenty of opportunity for development and growth, then contact us today!
- 3 years’ experience as a Heavy Equipment Operator
- Must have H2S ticket – other oilfield tickets are an asset
- Knowledge of operation of front end loaders, dozers, graders, compactors and other pieces of heavy equipment
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance and storage
- High level of personal integrity
- Strong work ethic
- Professional/mature demeanor under stressful situations
- Confident, consistent decisive personality
- Must be able to work with little supervision; must be self-directed
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Operate hydraulic pumps, safety valves, and any other necessary mechanical components
- Operate gasoline and diesel powered units
- Adhere to workplace safety policies, regulations and compliances
- Communicate any unsafe conditions or accidents/injuries in a timely manner to the supervisor in order to facilitate prompt correction or reporting
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Accurate completion of work orders and time cards
- Clean, lubricate and perform other minor maintenance work
- Keep detailed and accurate reports and documentation
- Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology and operation techniques
- Maneuver heavy equipment into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew as needed; check that vehicle position is correct and any special loading equipment is properly positioned.
- Check machinery before driving to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Maintain logs of working hours and of vehicle service Communicate effectively with the public, customers, and co-workers both verbally and in written form.
Job Type: Full-time
- equipment operator: 3 years (Preferred)