* High-end, Canadian-made activewear & lifestyle clothing.
* Female owned and operated company.
* Since 2010, we have designed and produced in Vancouver, BC with a focus on Canadian-made manufacturing.
* Focus on responsible manufacturing and small business.
* Small team where individuals have to wear a lot of hats. Room to continually learn and grow skill set.
We are looking to hire 1 individual to join our team at the DAUB store on South Granville. The store features made in Vancouver DAUB clothing with additional product lines to support a healthy lifestyle & self-care.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You are excited about retail. You love everything about it - the customer relationships, the team on the floor & behind the scenes, new products, merchandising, sales strategy and reporting.
- You are well spoken and have the confidence to approach customers in-store & on the phone.
- You have strong written English for email communications.
- You have experience managing staff, setting & achieving sales goals & managing inventory.
- You love creating and implementing systems. This is your strength.
- You have experience selling women's clothing or activewear and/or beauty and skincare.
* please highlight in resume.
- You take initiative on the daily for you & your staff to stay motivated, up to date on product knowledge & to keep the store a tidy, welcoming space.
- You love building relationships with clients - from finding them the perfectly styled outfit to remembering their daughter's name.
- You are highly organized: from reporting to writing schedules to entering inventory into our system, you keep it all straight & easily accessible at all times.
- You have an extensive knowledge of Shopify and Microsoft Office and are always willing to learn.
- create a team-based sales environment for staff.
- be responsible for opening/closing & security of the store.
- write a schedule which balances floor coverage, availability & performance.
- monitor sales to make daily & weekly reports for sell thru while communicating reorders & production needs ahead of time.
- handle all transfers of inventory from the warehouse to the store through Shopify.
- create product descriptions for new inventory & update all inventory as received.
- enter all inventory using a barcode system; create & label all items.
- contact suppliers regarding wholesale orders.
- merchandise store as necessary to keep the store fresh and welcoming to clients.
- answer phone & emails to provide excellent customer service.
- fulfill online orders through Shopify, Clickship and Canada Post.
- build strong connections with clients through extensive product knowledge of DAUB & our supporting lines as well as through listening to their needs & wants to continually curate the store for them.
- keep store clean & tidy.
- delegate tasks as necessary & follow up on completion.
- fluent with iPad, Mac & Windows operating systems.
- experience with Shopify, Shopify POS, Clickship (or similar POS OR shipping softwareS), and Microsoft Office is essential.
- ability to learn new technology quickly.
- can easily use Dymo or Zebra to make barcodes, print labels/receipts
SCHEDULE & BENEFITS:
You must be available on weekends & holidays.
Competitive health and dental benefits compensation package.
Bonus based on sales & performance.
KEY THING TO NOTE:
DAUB is focussed on creating an environment that is supportive of working together to achieve goals. Incentives may be offered from time to time but overall, this is a team effort and the goal is always to support each other to grow stronger.
Part-time hours: 30-40 per week
Application deadline: 2021-08-16
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $18.00-$20.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
Staff are wearing masks and surfaces are wiped down regularly. Hand sanitizer is readily available. It is recommended that clients wear masks in-store.
- Tell us what interests you about this position and working for DAUB. You must answer this question in order for us to contact you for an interview.
- Retail sales: 2 years (preferred)