WayBase.com offers the most extensive database and the most powerful search engine for the Christian sector in Canada.
This role is for an experienced full stack developer who leans toward backend development. The ideal candidate will have development experience on the backend of a consumer-facing application. A successful candidate will also be familiar with modern cloud-native application architectures and constantly seeks opportunities to improve and optimize application performance and architecture.
About WayBase Inc.
WayBase is a Christian online platform that allows individuals and organizations to find each other, partner together, and show collective impact. Organizations can gain visibility, grow their community, partner together on common goals, and show collective impact.
WayBase Inc. exists to create digital tools and curate data-informed insights that support individuals, Christian organizations, and local leadership networks to more effectively grow, partner together, and show collective impact in advancing Jesus’ message and mission and accomplishing good in their cities.
The goal of WayBase is to serve Christian charities with a low-cost model that is self-sustaining. All profits go towards expanding WayBase or to causes that advance Jesus’ message and mission.
Location: WayBase Offices: Nuvo Network 1295 N Service Rd, Burlington, ON L7R 4M2 - This role also has the flexibility to work from home 3+ days per week. We will consider out-of-town applicants, within Canada.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of WayBase with coding, testing, and deployment to develop an excellent product to serve the Church.
- Support feature design and functionality as needed
- Maintain a high standard of coding and adhere to ideal conventions
- Program server-side functionality and develop in…
- Improve and maintain back-end and front-end functionality by writing efficient and technically sound code, identifying technical problems and glitches
- Ability to scope and estimate assigned tasks/projects
- Test, track and resolve bug issues
- Assist in product support
- Possess exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills to effectively collaborate with a multifunctional team.
- Fully aligned with the values, mission, and strategy of WayBase Inc.
- Fundamental understanding of the various types of Christian organizations and a passion to serve
- At least 3+ years experience in web development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or applicable experience
- A strong understanding of CSS and HTML
- Skills building applications in .NET Core/C#
- Robust knowledge of SQL database servers
- Experience working with Elasticsearch
- Experience developing cloud-native applications
- Experience with data modeling tools and techniques
- Be a self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Experience with microservices application architecture
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience producing mobile solutions
- Experience working with any of the following technologies/code an asset:
- Azure Cosmos DB
- Neo4j * At least 1 portfolio project demonstrating the above skills is an asset
- A GitHub account is an asset
- Ability to speak French is an asset
- Health benefits and matching RRSP packages for full time employees
- Salary based on experience
- Paid time off
- Opportunity to research and train on emerging technologies
- Work from home opportunity where possible
- Tim Broomer- Technical Architect
Job Type: Full-time
- .NET Core: 2 years (Required)
- Elasticsearch: 2 years (Preferred)
- React: 1 year (Preferred)
- CSS: 3 years (Required)
- HTML: 3 years (Required)
- Christian (faith or organizational): 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Burlington, ON (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)