Job Posting RMHBS RSS10-19: Residential Support Staff
Reflections Mental Health and Behaviour Services (RMHBS) provides direct residential and staffing supports for individuals with developmental disabilities and mental health challenges.
Reflections Mental Health and Behavioral Services’ (RMHBS) is passionate about promoting our mission, our vision and our values with respect to providing individuals with developmental disabilities and mental health challenges with accessible and affordable professional supports and services that support their safety, autonomy and social inclusion.
Our Mission: To provide a wide range of inclusive supports that enhance independence and social inclusion for individuals with developmental disability and mental health challenges; and to engage in and reflect upon individual-centered best practice and community collaboration.
Our Vision: RMHBS will be a leader in, both, individual-centered and collaborative service delivery and will facilitate and support inclusive, accessible and affordable professional services that promote self -determined lives for individuals with developmental disability and mental health challenges.
Our Values: RMHBS adheres to the following values and service principles:
i. Social inclusion: We promote an environment that is respectful, safe and free from stigma.
ii. Individualized approaches: We implement diverse, culturally sensitive services and supports that are flexible and based in best practice.
iii. Self -determination: We support individual contributions to inform service choices and decisions; and promote dignity and independence.
iv. Accessibility: We provide fair and equitable access to a wide range of services and locations; and are committed to the safety and security of a wide variety of individuals and their unique needs.
v. Accountability: We believe in transparency and honesty with respect to available services; as well support collaborative and coordinated approaches for individuals using Quality Service Principles (QSP); using QAM and other legislative documents as guidelines, where appropriate to do so; and that is responsive to individual and community need.
vi. Collaboration: We believe in working as a collaborative team member with other service agencies and community partners to ensure consistent, seamless services to individuals with developmental disability and mental health challenges; and to be a useful and relevant partner with other service agencies.
RMHBS is currently seeking Residential Support Staff to provide direct support to individuals with developmental disability, mental health and challenging behaviour within our residential sites in Durham Region. The Residential Support Staff will implement direct support to individuals in service, complete documentation as required and perform all duties and responsibilities as outlined by the Residential Coordinator and our Quality Service Principles
The Residential Support Staff must be prepared to work a variety of shifts, including evenings and weekends.
The Residential Support Staff reports to the Residential Coordinator.
Primary Job Function: Residential Support Staff (RSS)
- To provide direct support to individuals in service
- Completion of required documentation; and facilitating transition, intake and discharge requirements as directed by Residential Coordinator
- Adherence to RMHBS core competencies, code of conduct and Quality Service Principles. . Mandatory Requirements for Applicants:
- A diploma or degree in psychology, developmental services, mental health/social work, behaviour intervention or other related discipline. Preference will be given to those applicants who have diverse experience with complex profiles, mental health, development disabilities, applied behaviour analysis and leadership scenarios.
- Minimum of 3 years experience supporting individuals with developmental disabilities and mental health needs in residential settings. Previous experience leading teams in residential settings is an asset.
- Current criminal record check and vulnerable persons screening
- Proof of current ministry approved behavioral intervention training
- Proof of current First Aid and CPR
- “RMHBS Fit to Work” form completed by physician
- Two million liability auto insurance
- Valid Class G driver’s license and safe reliable vehicle
Additional Competencies for this Position:
- High work standards: work ethic, task completion, consistency, follow up, accuracy/attention to detail, time management
- Personal management skills: accountability, self-regulation, stress tolerance, adaptability/flexibility, creativity, initiative, working in teams or independently, problem solving, conflict resolution
- Personal development skills: diverse ability, openness, willingness to learn, receives feedback and seeks collaborative opportunities
- Professional Skills: interpersonal and communication skills, respectful, culturally sensitivity, ability to establish effective relationships/trust with others within professional boundaries
- Excellent written and oral communication skills * The ability to attend work regularly as scheduled or requested written and oral communication skills
- The ability to attend work regularly as scheduled or requested
- Ability to work both, on a team and independently
- Work within residential setting; including light housekeeping duties related to the daily operation of the home(s)
- Direct interactions with and support to, individuals living with developmental disability, mental health challenges and challenging behaviour
- Direct interactions with families and third party providers of individuals with developmental disability, mental health challenges and challenging behaviour
- Flexible hours to meet needs of individual in service including on- call and shift coverage
- Transport individuals in service in personal vehicle as needed
- Multiple competing demands which require time management skills, the ability to prioritize and multi-task
Compensation: Range of compensation for this position is $18-20/per hour, depending on education and experience.
Please send resume and cover letter, quoting Job Posting RMHBS RSS10-19 by October 11, 2019
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract, Casual
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /hour