Together for Better Therapy is looking to grow our team of amazing therapists. We have an immediate requirement for a licensed Speech Language Pathologist to join on a contract position. The Speech Language Pathologist is part of the multidisciplinary team that supports clients who have difficulty with speech, language, and literacy. We provide therapy in-home or virtually based on the client’s preference.
We are a dynamic, energetic and multidisciplinary team who love making a difference in the lives of clients with Autism and Social communication disorders. Together for Better Therapy was established in 2021 and offers home-based Speech Therapy and Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) services in Durham Region with a Clinic coming soon!
Looking to showcase your resilience and professionalism while making a difference in client’s lives? Apply now!
Together For Better Therapy offers:
· Competitive compensation
· hours (make your own schedule and own routes)
· Assessment tools and materials to help you succeed
· Opportunity to service all ages and communication areas (Kids, Adults, and Seniors)
· Collaboration with a multidisciplinary team
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Work in an interdisciplinary environment and provide in-person and virtual assessment, treatment and consultation services to preschool, school age children and adults in domains such as expressive language, receptive language, augmentative and alternative communication, social pragmatics, articulation and fluency
· Use Internal / external resources to develop individual treatment plan
· Creating a treatment plan with SMART goals that reflect the client’s communication profile and areas of difficulty
· Providing client and family-centered intervention
· Solid knowledge of evidence-based practices and commitment to professional development
· Engaging in caregiver training and education, and providing home practice materials
· Must be able to empathize with clients in any situation
· Work with child and parents / caregiver
· Provide training to parents / caregiver
· Participate in continuous improvement process to bring efficiency in the client management and administration
· This position would include afternoons and evenings (e.g. 3pm-7pm) as well as potentially Saturdays (9am-4pm). Travel to other sites (i.e. future clinic) may also be required. Hours would be subject to change depending on client caseload and availability.
What we are looking for:
· Must have Master’s Degree of Speech-Language Pathology
· Must be registered with CASLPO (College of Audiologists and Speech Pathologists of Ontario) and in good-standing.
· Knowledge of best evidence-based practice
· Experience with Autism Spectrum disorder, early language delays, speech delays, etc.
· Strong written, oral and non-verbal communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills and experience working within an interdisciplinary team
· Outstanding organizational and time management skills
· Knowledge of applied behavioural therapy techniques to support speech practice
· Experience with virtual service delivery
· Valid driver's license and access to a vehicle (travel required)
· Experience with AAC (Augmentative and Alternative Communication) an asset
· Ability to work with pediatric, school-aged and adult population
· Liability insurance (not provided through the company)
· Able to conduct assessments, create client profiles and be able to keep confidential information.
· Client oriented, fun, energetic, motivated team player!
We look forward to your applications and are excited to discuss this opportunity with you further!
For more information on Together for Better Therapy, please visit us at www.togetherforbettertherapy.com
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful applicant(s) will be required to complete a satisfactory criminal record check.
Reference ID: TogetherforBetterTherapyDurhamSLP
Part-time hours: 15-30 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Salary: $85.00-$95.00 per hour