The Automotive Parts Manager works in a fast-paced automotive environment that involves constant interaction with customers in person and over the phone, with the use of a computerized automotive parts look-up system. The role also involves interaction with outside vendors using various ordering processes and systems and a responsibility for managing staff and maintaining the automotive retail floor.
Responsibilities and Tasks
· Provides excellent customer service and ensures an ongoing commitment to the needs of the customer and their vehicle.
· Smiles, makes eye contact with and greets customers.
· Directs or guides customer to the location of requested items.
· Answers questions and provides friendly advice and services to customers.
· Suggests value-added and related products to customers to ensure they go home with what they need.
· Ends the discussion with the customer using a closing statement (e.g., “Is there anything else I can do for you today?” “Did you find everything you were looking for?” “Thank you for shopping at Canadian Tire”).
· Responds to and handles customer inquiries, requests and concerns in a timely manner, over the phone and in person.
· Handles multiple customers in an effective and efficient manner.
· Deals with challenging situations in a professional manner.
· Keeps up to date on in-store promotions, in-store deals, auto center specials and product locations.
· Sources and orders automotive parts for customers though authorized suppliers.
· Follows established procedures regarding the ordering and sale of parts to customers and the Service Department.
· Processes returns, warranties and castings as required.
· Tests and fills batteries. Tests starters and alternators. Operates the battery filling station as per training received.
· Ensures that retail basics tasks are executed efficiently (e.g., stocking, labels, facing, etc.).
· Stocks shelves and merchandise display areas using modules and planograms as guidelines.
· Walks their assigned sections to understand what needs to be accomplished on a daily basis.
· Maintains inventory accuracy and identifies/reports low stock levels (e.g., hole check and bin cap analysis).
· Reports stolen and damaged goods to Management.
· Locates products in the warehouse.
· Operates computer and RF gun, and enters all relevant coding in Canadian Tire systems.
· Participates in meetings and all training as required and listens to feedback to improve their own abilities.
· Complies with company, store, department, and Automotive Service Centre policies.
· Abides by all health and safety programs and regulations. Reports any observed or potential hazards immediately.
· Uses professional language and maintains a professional appearance (e.g., uniform, hygiene, grooming and name tag) when interacting with others.
· Completes other tasks, as required.
· Demonstrated automotive subject matter knowledge and interest.
· Basic math and typing skills.
· Good working knowledge of automotive parts lookup system.
· Ability to operate a cash register is an asset.
· Ability to work under minimal supervision with computerized systems.
· Experience in a similar role, in a Canadian Tire store or Automotive Service Centre, is considered an asset.
Required Skills and Abilities
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following competencies:
· Highly approachable, customer-oriented individual who thrives on offering exceptional service to customers.
· Strong belief in the Canadian Tire Values of honesty, integrity and respect.
· Ability to serve customers in a professional manner and to inspire their confidence and trust.
· Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment.
· Strong communication skills, ability to listen carefully and to give precise instructions.
· Aptitude for building and maintaining interpersonal relations, both with customers and coworkers.
· Ability to work in a team environment that provides assistance and support to co-workers to achieve common goals.
· Ability to multitask, adapt and cope with challenging and changing situations.
· Positive attitude, punctuality and solid work ethic.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
In compliance with the store’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures:
· Standing/walking for 8 hours.
· Lifting and/or carrying of merchandise items, as required, on a regular, frequent and unassisted basis. Merchandise item may vary in weight from “light” to “heavy”.
· Lifting and turning repeatedly throughout the shift.
· Lifting above the shoulder, from floor to shoulder and floor to waist.
· Going up and down a ladder while carrying merchandise.
· Walking and carrying things at the same time and pushing/pulling, as required.
· Twisting, turning, reaching and working above shoulder level.
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Profit sharing
- Store discount
- Parts Management: 1 year (preferred)