About Trophy Foods Inc.
Trophy Foods is Canada's leading supplier of high quality edible nuts, dried fruit and confectionery products. We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality products, at the best value, through our direct channel of global grower relationships.
Trophy Foods Inc. is Canadian owned and operated with over 40 years of experience in serving our customers. We produce edible nuts, dried fruits, confectionery and bulk foods under our Trophy brand. We also work with grocery retailers, mass merchandisers, drug channel, and food service customers across the country to create and produce a wide variety of private label branded products.
Overview: The Processing Helper performs unskilled labourer jobs in the processing department.
Hours of work:
- Morning Shift - 7am to 3p.m. (Saturday & Sunday)
- Afternoon Shift - 3 p.m. to 11p.m. (Saturday & Sunday)
- Midnight Shift - 11p.m. to 7 a.m. (Friday & Saturday)
Hourly Rate: $16.97/hour ($0.70 per hour afternoon shift premium & $0.90 per hour midnight shift premium)
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the Machine Operator in setting up machines for processing.
- Ensure product and ingredients are measured and dumped accurately into machines.
- Clean work areas; equipment, floor, steps, tools, etc. at change over, at end of shift or as required to maintain standards.
- Monitor the process to ensure quality standard.
- Comply with all company health and safety policies and practices including the wearing of PPE, Lockout procedures, GHS (WHMIS 2015) etc.
- Follow HACCP procedures. Complete all forms and records as set out by HACCP-TROPHY Foods Inc
- Clean and maintain equipment and work area according to company's GMP's, Sanitation procedures and frequency
- Perform other duties, responsibilities, tasks as assigned by Supervisor or Management.
Experience, Qualifications, and Educational Requirements:
- High school diploma or post-secondary diploma or;
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to use power jack is an asset.
- Almost continuously engaged in one or more physical activities simultaneously
- E.g. Walking, lifting, climbing stairs/ladders (Blanching and Roasting areas only) and carrying heavy objects that weigh 13-25kg or less (50kg or less with the use of assistive devices), reaching with hands and arms
- Frequent requirement to lift heavy objects, see different colours, use hands and fingers to touch, handle, or feel and to push and pull product while hot.
- Occasionally required to push large wheeled bins weighing 1200-1300 kg when filled with product, without the assistance of a Material Handler.
- Almost constant exposure to factors such as extreme temperatures of 30-44⁰C, humidity, airborne particles, noise level over 85dB and moisture which will cause frequent periods of discomfort.
- There is regular exposure to factors (such as height of 4-10m in Roasting and Blanching areas) which carry an extreme risk of accident or illness which cannot be eliminated from the job.
- Frequent need to give concentrated attention, with one or two senses (talk, listen, look) used in co-ordination to ensure the product is prepared according to schedule.
- Ability to follow written or oral instructions.
- Ability to carry out simple step-by-step instructions.
- Work and environment are not repetitious / unchanging.
- There is noticeable pressure from deadlines, production quotas, accuracy or similar demands.
- Bullying or harassment in any form will not be tolerated. Speak with a supervisor if the work or the environment is causing mental stress.
Trophy Foods has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: From $16.97 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift