POSITION: Development Manager
Permanent Full Time (37.5 hours/week)
The Vernon Jubilee Hospital Foundation (VJHF) is a non-profit society that supports health care in the North Okanagan by raising funds for Long-Term Care Facilities, Community Health Services and the Vernon Jubilee Hospital. We are seeking a passionate Development Manager (DM) to join our small and vibrant team of dedicated staff inspired by the meaningful work we do.
In this newly created position you will report to the Executive Director (ED) while also working collaboratively with the Board of Directors and the Development Committee. As an experienced and highly motivated fundraising professional, you are responsible for the planning and implementation of programs, projects and activities designed to increase contributions to the Foundation for the benefit of the North Okanagan healthcare community.
As our new DM, you will
- Participate in setting organizational goals and objectives to create a cohesive and integrated philanthropy strategy.
- With the ED, design and implement a sustainable overall Development Strategy to increase philanthropic funds and community support.
- Plan, lead and execute an engaging, robust Annual Giving Program.
- Develop and propose strategies for growing the Major Gifts Program to support VJHF’s Strategic Plan.
- Create and implement a Planned Giving Program, including policies and guidelines regarding the types of planned gifts to be sought, and conduct planned giving solicitations.
- Manage a portfolio of individual, corporate and foundation donors and prospects.
- Implement an effective program for recognition, involvement and stewardship of donors.
- Participate in and provide leadership on VJHF campaigns.
- Implement the Raiser’s Edge database management system using best practices methodology.
- Research and propose potential grant opportunities and assist in preparing grant applications.
- Supervise and provide professional development for staff (Event Coordinator, Database Administrator).
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all regulations and legislation affecting philanthropy in B.C.
- Develop budgets and provide regular reporting of all fundraising activities and progress on projects and initiatives.
- Support preparations for the launch of capital campaigns.
- Demonstrate your support for a healthy, caring and fun work environment.
- At least five years’ experience in fund development is a must, with proven success in major donor identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Experience and best practice knowledge in Annual, Planned Giving and Major Gift Programs.
- Bachelor’s degree (business, non-profit management, communication or marketing or equivalent).
- Professional designation such as CFRE, managerial, and capital campaign experience are preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership supervising staff.
- Proven strategic planning expertise in developing and managing fundraising initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience with Raiser’s Edge software, including the ability to train staff in activity tracking and donor information management in this CRM.
- Highly organized and possess the ability to thrive in a mission-focused, donor-centric, fast-paced and collaborative working environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Exhibit a high level of professionalism, integrity, confidentiality, and accountability.
- Committed to building long-lasting relationships based on understanding our donor interests, passions and values.
Our Conditions of Employment
- Successful applicant must provide proof of qualifications.
- Possess a valid British Columbia Driver’s Licence and a vehicle
- Some travel, occasional weekend and evening hours as required, to support the portfolio.
The salary range for this position is $65,000 - $75,000, depending on experience and qualifications. Additionally, you will receive a comprehensive benefit package.
Please submit your application (resume and cover letter outlining your interest in the position) by Wednesday, April 30, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $65,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
- Fundraising: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- legally entitled to work in Canada (Required)