We are currently recruiting for a Junior System Support Worker. This is a permanent, full-time opportunity. The Junior System Support Worker responds to first level support calls; supports the administration, configuration and ongoing maintenance of the network under the supervision of senior staff, performs hardware and software installations, supports with telecommunication devices (e.g., smart phones, VOIP phones, wireless devices), monitors backups to ensure data integrity; configures and maintains new PCs and help desk application, completes IT related projects as assigned, and performs other entry level duties as appropriate and/or required.
Qualifications for this position include:
· Graduate of an approved minimum 2-year Community College Course with a degree relevant to the job requirements, or equivalent;
· Minimum of 2 years related experience;
· Ability to learn and support new applications;
· Able to make decisions independently, prioritize and carry out various job functions ensuring all deadlines are met in a timely fashion;
· Excellent attention to detail and applications training skills;
· Excellent telephone, written and in-person communication and interpersonal skills;
· Effective problem solving abilities as well as a commitment to quality;
· Able to perform the duties within the working conditions of the work area including frequent interruptions; occasional heavy physical effort required such as lifting or moving equipment (minimum of 40 pounds);
· Must hold a valid Ontario driver’s license for travel within the region;
· Must be available to work off-site as appropriate and/or required;
· Participate in on-call schedule including evenings and weekends.
· A collegial, supportive and high performing environment;
· The opportunity to learn and grow as our IT infrastructure evolves;
· Competitive pay, benefits, pension, vacation and job security as per the CUPE collective agreement
This is a permanent, full time opportunity that will be a part of CUPE.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- System Support: 2 years (Preferred)