ASPHALT PAVING SUPERINTENDENT POSITION
Capital Paving is seeking an energetic, knowledgeable, and responsible individual to take on the role of Asphalt Paving Superintendent.
Working with Capital’s Asphalt Operations Manager the Asphalt Paving Superintendent is responsible for managing the day-to-day, schedule and activities of paving projects by ensuring quality workmanship, adherence to technical specifications, and implementing and monitoring cost containment measures to ensure project profitability and identification of any deviations from the original project plan budget.
The Asphalt Paving Superintendent is responsible for, scheduling and supervision of the asphalt paving crews and ensuring job sites are safe and in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations for Construction Projects (OHSA and RCP), and that safe work policies and procedures outlined in Capital's Health and Safety Program are diligently followed and enforced.
- 10+ years of construction experience with 3+ years being in a Superintendent/Leadership capacity on asphalt paving projects.
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to quickly learn and understand various paving processes and equipment.
- Observe and communicate well with crews, management and various stakeholders.
- Possess valid driver’s license with clean record.
- Knowledge and understanding of OHSA rules and regulations.
- Night shift, overtime and weekends may be required to meet contract needs.
- Good computer skills for communication with various stakeholders and invoicing projects once work is performed.
- Capital offers a comprehensive compensation package including health benefits and Pension Plan.
Job Type: Full-time
- construction: 5 years (Preferred)