Responsible for the efficient and cost effective operation, assessment, trouble shooting, problem solving, diagnosis, repair of all makes of marine motors, outboards and inboards, boats, electrical and mechanical systems.
- Customer service focus is number 1!
- Responsible for regular service and warranty work to outboard/inboard motors
- Must be able to troubleshoot issues associated with outboard and inboard motors to meet client expectations and overall satisfaction
- Service logs, winterize checklists and performance feedback to be accurately documented on all work order duties
- Responsible for work order parts pricing and work order updates
- Maintain a running inventory of maintenance and repair parts for each work order; internal or external
- Must be a competent and safe operator in all company vehicles and machinery
- Perform minor repairs to work vehicles as required
- Must maintain a clean and organized work area
- It is essential that the tech communicates all work performed on the motor and /or boat to the parts and service manager
- Must be able to utilize, or willing to learn, electronic diagnostic software to assess and download motor report information
- Adhere to Occupational Health and Safety regulations during all maintenance activities on and off the marina property
- Other duties outside of the above mentioned responsibilities may be required as directed by the Manager, including but not limited to awareness of parts pricing, customer communication, and other marina duties.
- Will work five days per week, requiring overtime work hours and may be called upon in the case of mechanical emergencies
- This is an hourly seasonal position that is full time between April and November, with potential for hours year-round.
- Experience working in physically demanding all weather environment requiring excellent detail orientation
- Experience analyzing and solving problems
Education and Technical Skills
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Sound knowledge of all marine engines, recreational vehicles, small engines and shop-related equipment
- Marine mechanic certification or marine mechanic apprentice
- Knowledge, or willingness, or electronic diagnosis software
- Lifting up to 50 lbs
- Excellent manual dexterity
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Job requires kneeling, stooping, turning, twisting and working in cramped or uncomfortable working positions.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Permanent, Apprenticeship
Salary: $22.00 to $32.00 /hour
- Ontario Boater's (Preferred)
- English (Required)