Salary range: The salary range for this position is CAD $26.51 - $26.51 / hour Why Fraser Health?:
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional, ancestral and unceded territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations, and is home to six Métis Chartered Communities.
Our team of nearly 45,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care. Learn more.
We are currently looking to fill a Relief Full Time opportunity for a Clerk, Accounts Receivable at Uptown Latitude located in New Westminster, BC.
Come work with us!
Fraser Health is proudly recognized as a BC Top Employer. Joining our team offers you opportunities to work in a rapidly growing organization with health professionals who are excellent in their respective fields, career growth and advancement, a competitive compensation package (including four weeks of vacation to start, comprehensive health benefits, and pension plan), and the rewarding opportunity to make a difference every single day in health care.
Effective October 26, 2021 all staff for all positions across health care in British Columbia are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (have received a full series of a World Health Organization “WHO” approved vaccine against infection by SARS-COV-2, or a combination of approved WHO vaccines). Please note this applies to all postings, and there are no exceptions.
Fraser Health values diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring and Trust. Fraser Health’s hiring practices aspire to ensure all individuals are treated in an inclusive, equitable, and culturally safe manner.
Connect with us!
Connect with us on our Careers social channels where you’ll learn about exciting opportunities, get career tips from our recruiters, and meet some of your future team members! You can also visit us on Indeed and Glassdoor.
Instagram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitter | TikTok
Reporting to the Supervisor, Accounts Receivable, the Clerk, Accounts Receivable maintains patient accounts, processes patient billings and claims, follows up on billing errors and delinquent accounts, and prepares adjustments as required and as according to established procedures.
- Maintains patient accounts by reviewing and checking information related to the patient account, and processing required adjustments such as preparing vouchers or refunds, and posting from journal to the accounts receivable ledger.
- Processes billings and claims by electronically submitting, printing, checking and adjusting as required. Bills, claims, and issues statements for patient and other similar accounts.
- Reconciles account balances by matching information such as invoices issued, payments received and refunds, identifying differences and rectifying variances by preparing adjustment/reversal information such as journal vouchers and credit balance refunds.
- Responds to patient inquiries in person or by telephone by providing written or verbal responses. Prepares claim forms and itemized statements for patients as required.
- Reviews the aged trial balance for outstanding accounts and follows up on delinquent accounts by performing duties such as initiating telephone contact or written correspondence, following re-billing procedures, and utilizing system notes, all according to established procedure.
- Reviews inpatient and outpatient admission records to ensure complete and accurate information necessary for billing. Enters charges and payments into the billing systems from source documents. In some systems, will be required to determine appropriate charges and general ledger codes.
- Records and reports statistical and financial information related to accounts receivable to the supervisor as required.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Qualifications: Education and Experience
Grade 12, successful completion of a recognized accounting course, and two years' recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to keyboard at 45 w.p.m.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.