We are currently accepting applications for the position of Junior Sous Chefwithin the Kitchen at the Wickaninnish Inn. This position will work AM shifts, and will support in all areas of the kitchen operation.
- Introductory housing available
- Be part of a team that strives for excellence and is always pushing themselves, and the brigade, to deliver the best possible experience to our guests
- Assist fellow leaders in all aspects of the daily operation of the kitchen while maintaining highest level of culinary excellence;
- Act as a liaison between the Executive Chef and the kitchen brigade and assist with maintain a safe, sanitary and healthy work environment for all staff;
- Be responsible for Banquet events – from preparation to service execution to food standards to being the contact for guests and Special Events staff;
- Production, presentation, supervising staff, training, mentoring, ordering and inventory, etc…
- Participate in menu planning and menu launch;
- Assume supervision of staff, daily operations and additional duties as required;
- Attend Black Pant meetings on a weekly basis, as well as other meetings as required;
- Be actively involved in development and execution of monthly departmental meetings.
The successful candidate must possess the following:
- Minimum 3-5 years in similar position/level in a previous fine dining establishment or similar experience;
- BC Foodsafe or the equivalent;
- Ability to function with a calm and controlled demeanor during stressful, busy and fast paced times – being able to deal with special requests, dietary requirements, menu changes, and the like at the last minute while ensuring the highest level of food quality and service to our guests;
- A desire to contribute exciting and innovative ideas towards the ongoing improvement of the kitchen and the Wickaninnish Inn as a whole;
- Ability to provide leadership, coaching and training;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Journeyman/Red Seal Certification, Cook's trade certification an asset;
- Superb time management and organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail;
- Knowledgeable about, and capable to meet and exceed, Relais & Chateaux and AAA 4 Diamond standards;
- Ability to make a 2 year commitment in this position.
By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate and you give consent to The Wickaninnish Inn to verify through means of previous employer contact and collection of information directly or in directly through public social media. Due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting applicants that we feel are most compatible with our property.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Culinary: 2 years (Preferred)
- line cook: 1 year (Preferred)