Job title :
MANAGER, CLINICAL OPERATIONS – MDR, PORTERS, SUMMERLAND HEALTH CENTRE OR/PAR/DS/AMBY
PENTICTON REGIONAL HSPTL
PERMANENT FULL TIME
Interior Health’s Penticton Regional Hospital invites applications for the role of Manager, Clinical Operations | MDR, Porters, and Summerland Health Centre Operating Room/Post-Anesthesia Recovery/Day Care Surgical/Ambulatory Care.
We are looking for a knowledgeable Manager, Clinical Operations with experience in leadership and directing operations, management, utilization, risk management, and quality improvement within the Medical Device Reprocessing and/or Perioperative Nursing Specialty focus area(s). As a member of Penticton Regional Hospital’s and Summerland Health Centre’s Nursing Leadership Teams, you will be accountable for efficient, effective utilization of approved physical, financial, and human resources; guide and coordinate activities of the clinical area(s) in accordance with professional standards; and support the goals and strategic direction of Interior Health. Reporting to the Director, Clinical Operations you will draw your ability to ensure excellence in the provision of patient-centered care in the Medical Device Reprocessing Department, Support Services in regard to Porters and Summerland Health Centre’s Operating Room/Post-Anesthesia Recovery/Day Care Surgical/Ambulatory Care Department(s).
Days of work are Monday to Friday with weekends/statutory holidays off. This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefits plan that includes coverage for basic Medical Services, Dental Services, and Extended Health.
Our worksite will offer you an environment that will challenge your professional, technical, and practical skills. We are dedicated to effective quality care and patient advocacy and have leadership that is committed to teamwork, engagement, and innovation. Apply to join Penticton Regional Hospital today!
Cradled within tree trimmed mountain slopes, dramatic clay cliffs and bordered by the Okanagan and Skaha Lakes, Penticton is one of the larger cities in the BC interior and a popular destination for visitors of all kinds. Its lush surroundings and ideal climate, with over 2,000 hours of sunshine per year, combine to create the perfect landscape. Square dancing jubilees, wineries, ideal windsurfing spots, golf courses or simply relaxing on one of Penticton’s fabulous sandy beaches, Penticton has it all. Whether you climb aboard the S.S. Sicamous or the Kettle Valley Railway, you will enjoy all of the amenities this town has to offer.
Education, Training, and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in nursing, health sciences, or related field.
- Seven to ten years recent, related clinical experience (i.e. MDR, Perioperative Nursing), including three years in a leadership role.
- Current registration with the relevant professional college or association preferred.
Demonstrates all LEADS Capabilities, in particular:
Skills and Abilities:
- Leads Self – self-awareness, demonstrates character
- Engages Others – fosters the development of others, communicates effectively, builds effective teams
- Achieves Results – sets direction, takes action to implement decisions, assesses & evaluates results
- Develops Coalitions – builds partnerships & networks to create results, demonstrates a commitment to customers & service, navigates socio-political environments
- System Transformation – demonstrates systems/critical thinking, strategically oriented to the future, champions & orchestrates change
- Demonstrated ability to guide individuals and groups while maintaining group cohesion, motivation, commitment, and effectiveness.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively introduce and manage change that is consistent with the vision, purpose, and operating principles of Interior Health.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, develop, implement, manage, and evaluate programs.
- Excellent negotiation skills to relate effectively with clients, medical staff, and members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to define own continuing education needs and maintain competency through reading literature, management workshops, seminars, and available educational offerings.