WeedMD Inc. is the publicly-traded parent company of WeedMD Rx Inc., a federally-licensed producer of cannabis products for both the medical and adult-use markets. The Company owns and operates a 158-acre state-of-the-art greenhouse and outdoor facility located in Strathroy, ON. The Company also operates CX Industries, a wholly-owned subsidiary of WeedMD Inc. CX operates out of the Company’s fully-licensed 26,000 sq. ft. Aylmer, Ontario production facility which specializes in cannabis extraction and processing. WeedMD has a multi-channeled distribution strategy that includes selling directly to medical patients, strategic relationships across the seniors’ market and supply agreements with Shoppers Drug Mart as well as six provincial distribution agencies where WeedMD’s adult-use brand Color Cannabis is sold.
WeedMD is looking for a Security Guard with excellent interpersonal and verbal communications skills, working knowledge of computer systems, CCTV experience, a positive attitude and the ability to provide excellent service, security and protection for our employees, contractors and visitors. As a front-line representative of WeedMD, the successful candidate must be highly reliable, work well under pressure, able to work with minimal supervision and have the ability to multi task.
- Maintain surveillance of surrounding area, respond to alarms and investigate disturbances.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
- Interact with and assist external emergency services.
- Ensure that the Facility’s Safety and Emergency Procedures are followed in response to Fire Alarms and other Site Emergencies.
- Detect and correct fire and safety hazards. Prepare written reports on all activities including pro-active reports on observed deficiencies.
- Investigate complaints from staff, visitors concerning thefts, personal injury, break-ins, fire and safety hazards, etc.
- Interact with staff and visitors in a positive and customer service-oriented manner.
- Enforce safety and security regulations according to WeedMD and departmental policies.
- Other duties as required.
- Must possess a valid Ontario Security Guard License.
- Security experience required.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Must be able to manage Access Control Systems and CCTV Systems.
- Basic knowledge of computer software applications (Windows environment).
- Excellent communication (verbal/written), interpersonal, problem solving skills, and de-escalation techniques. Must be able to demonstrate Security's core values of honesty and integrity while ensuring the Safety and Security of WeedMD’s guests, staff and assets.
- Must be punctual and have an acceptable attendance record.
- Successful candidates, upon selection, will submit to an RCMP criminal background check and obtain Health Canada’s Security Clearance under the Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations.
- Valid First Aid & CPR Certificate.
- Flexibility to work at both Aylmer and Strathroy facilities.
- Perform casual patrolling of facility premises ensuring protection of the building, property, and occupants; walking/standing during the duration of an 8-hour shift.
- Intense visual concentration.
- Ability to assess and diffuse emergency situations.
- Ability to work flexible shifts as required.
WeedMD thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, WeedMD will accommodate all applicants with disabilities to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment and hiring process. Accommodation will be provided upon request and in accordance with the principles of dignity, individualization, and inclusion. WeedMD will work cooperatively, and in a spirit of respect, with all partners in the accommodation process.
WeedMD is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family status, marital status (including single status), gender identity, gender expression, receipt of public assistance (in housing only), sex (including pregnancy and breastfeeding) or sexual orientation.
Job Types: Casual, Permanent
- Ontario Security Guard Licence (Preferred)