Midwich Housing Co-operative Inc., seeking a General Maintenance Worker.
162 unit Co-operative Homes Complex located in Mississauga is looking for a General Maintenance Worker to work from Tuesday to Friday 32 hours per week.
The successful applicant should possess:
- Excellent administrative skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills
- A self-starter; ability to work independently
- Ability to work with a Board of Directors, members and contractors
Qualifications of the successful candidates include:
- Previous experience at a Co-operative Housing Development or other non-profit housing complex
- Experience in office administration
- General Plumbing, Drywall repairs, painting
- Garage door repairs and door repairs in general
- Daily walk-around outside of property
- Unit inspections
- Snow shovelling when required
Attached is a more detailed job description.
Salary to be discussed. If you are interested in this opportunity please fax your resume with a cover letter including references to 905-820-9666. We wish to acknowledge all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Midwich Housing Co-operative Inc
Duties & Responsibilities
Members must fill out work order for any work required in their units; some members may require help in filling a work order.
Communication and follow-up is foremost in maintenance for peace of mind to the members and for daily budgeting purposes. Permission to enter must be given to enter the unit, always ensure that is indicated on the work order, if not indicated call the member first.
- Prioritize work orders – Seniors, L-Block Units, and water issues are a priority for urgent calls.
- Work well with little supervision, take time with finishing details, and demonstrate pride with work.
- Understand contracts, and warrantees, as well as defective or sub-standard workmanship.
- Attend Board of Directors meetings if requested
- Must be able to take direction both in written and verbal by the Co-ordinator, Board of Direction and maintenance department
- Understand Co-operative procedures as it must be followed.
Minor plumbing repairs, faucet repairs or possible replacement, minor electrical repairs, appliance repairs.
- Assist in keeping stock up to date and inventory under control
- Minor garage door repairs (if damage it is member responsibility to pay for the replacement and/or repairs, window screen repairs, unclog drains and toilet
- Daily walk-around outside – visual inspection of the common areas such as missing/loose handrails, damages or vandalism for repairs and any other potential safety hazards.
- Keep basement maintenance area neat, organized, SAFE and tidy
- Drywall repairs as required, baseboard repairs and replacements, screen door repairs, on TH, 4 & 5 bedrooms, door repairs, closet door repairs or replacements, shelf replacement or repairs.
- Unit inspections are conducted yearly, and work noted must be completed and listed for capital work
Weekly L-Block Check
- Replace missing light bulbs
- Change furnace filters supplied by the Co-op, in the 4 furnace rooms in the L-Block (monthly)
- Visual check of fire doors, entrance lights and fire extinguishers
- Maintain HVAC in L-Block storage rooms upstairs, one on each side of the building
- Maintain interior of L-Block
- Baseboard heaters (L-Block common areas are electrically heated)
- Laundry room lights, ventilations and dry vents
- Turn ramps on/off for exterior front of building ramps
- Ensure all maintenance equipment and supplies are properly maintained
- Report and investigate visual deficiencies
Any other usual duties are required
- Some snow clearing of common areas and driveways required.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $35,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year
- General Maintenance: 2 years (Required)