The LPN Manager - casual excluded, available immediately. Pleasant View Housing Society operates a Campus of Care for adults living with mental health concerns in Mission, BC. We value being a good employer. Together, our goal is to develop a positive and happy work environment that will allow us to deliver service of the highest quality to our clients. In this unionized environment we are looking to hire an LPN manager for nurse vacation and sick relief and to help support and supervise the frontline team and clinical care. In this position the LPN is a member of the management team works under the direction of the Executive Director.
Duties include supporting clients in their recovery with a Psycho Social Rehabilitation (PSR) approach, staff supervision, clinical applications such as attending medical appointment, health assessment and development of care plans and clinical procedures and staff protocols. We are looking for an LPN that has mental health training or experience (for example we are not talking experience in dementia but rather in mental health diagnosis such as schizophrenia and bipolar illness) and possibly with the interest in pursuing a higher level of nursing education. If you:
- Have the ability to lead and supervise
- Have LPN current designation certification
- Have a clear understanding of Psycho Social Rehabilitation applications
- Are able to provide 2 direct work supervisor references
- Can provide a satisfactory TB screening test report
- Agree to fully participate in the organization immunization program
- Pass a criminal record check that is screened specifically for vulnerable adults and seniors
- Actively participate in our Continuing Education and Training Program
- Are happy to work all shifts
- Have a current First Aid & CPR Level C and maintain this certification during employment
- Have a good understanding of antipsychotic medications
- Are a team player who is always respectful to our clients, their family and other team members and volunteers
- Is interested in pursing a higher level of education
- Available to work 4 to 5 months in the year with flexible availablity
Please reply to this posting by sending your resume and a cover letter indicating why you believe you might be the candidate we are looking for, that you meet all the requirements above and the date you are available to start the position should you be a selected candidate. Thank you for your interest in Pleasant View. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicant Qualifications– Edit
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- Do you have the following license or certification: First Aid & CPR Level C?
- Are you in Mission, BC?
- Do you have a license and reliable care?
- How many years mental health experience do you have?
- Do you plan to attain a higher level of education and if so what area of study?
- What do you expect your availability to be?
- If offer this position, will you be maintaining another job elsewhere and if so, what type of care and what will be your obligations to that position?
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $28.00-$32.00 per hour