a. Company operation name: Tophay Agri-Industries Inc.
b. Business address: Unit 3 – 201, 4360 Agar Drive, Richmond, BC, Canada, V7B 1A3
c. Title of position: Logistics Assistant/Office Administrative Assistant
d. Position available: 1
As a Logistics Assistant/Office Administrative Assistant you will support Tophay in an administrative role with a variety of tasks. We are seeking an individual with strong multi-tasking abilities to join our Richmond location in a permanent, full-time position. This position requires a minimum one month cumulative work travel time per year (including travel to our Vanderhoof BC main office). This position requires assisting with colleagues in China office, attending global video conference etc., and employee needs to work on more flexible work schedules due to time zone difference.
The main duties that will be required of the applicant are:
· Prepare and file documents of international shipments by following our documented procedures and policy.
· Assist with our China supply chain department schedules of international shipments, and other logistic-related duties.
· Ability to negotiate and manage service providers in ocean, rail, truck etc.
· Oversee the office administrative activities; update and maintain office policies and procedures.
· Handle office tasks, such as filing, generating reports, setting up for meetings, travel arrangements, and reordering supplies.
· Establish work priorities.
· Coordinate and perform HR job duties such as posting hiring advertisements, assisting recruitment procedure, maintain employee records, delegating work to office support staff by instruction, and ensure deadlines are met and procedures are followed.
· Coordinate with HR department in China office.
· Arrange training on company policies for new employees.
· Assist in filling and submitting LMIA applications for foreign farm workers.
· Other duties assigned by manager
e. Terms of employment: Full-time; Permanent
f. Language of work: Fluent in English and Mandarin
g. Wage information: 40,000 per annum
h. Working Hours: 40 hours per week
i. Benefits: Extended medical insurance
j. Work Location: Unit 3 – 201, 4360 Agar Drive, Richmond, BC, Canada, V7B 1A3
k. Skills requirement (includes education and work experience)
l. Minimum Education requirement:
· A university degree or college diploma in related fields will be preferred
· One year of work experience handling (assisting) international shipping/office administrator.
· Some knowledge of shipping documentation (e.g. bill of lading, commercial invoice, packing list, etc.)
· Proficiency in software: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
· Strong organizational skills; Detail-oriented
· Fast and accurate data entry skills with the ability to multi-task.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40,000.00 per year
- administrative assistant: 1 year (preferred)