AECOM is hiring a Project Controller to join our Shell Scotford team in Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta. This is a full-time position on 5 day on, 2 day off rotation (Monday to Friday; 8 hours/day).
Local candidates to Edmonton/ Edmonton region and Fort Saskatchewan ONLY as NO Living Out Allowance (LOA) or NO Camp/Travel (FIFO) option available for this project.
What Will You Work On?
Our Project Control Analysts are responsible for providing daily direction, sound judgment and experience to the project controls functions towards the accomplishment of project-defined goals and objectives. They assist with development of all reports set forth in the client business requirements as well as indicated in the corporate reporting procedures. They also provide ongoing support to the Construction team and/or AECOM’s Clients.
- Works with the company financial and cornerstone systems and processes.
- Applies financial terminology, measures, financial data analysis concepts and principles in assignments.
- Recognizes processes/project actions that may lead to project financial impact.
- Develops and maintains Work Breakdown structure for project(s).
- Assists in the use of drawings and specifications in the establishment of project baseline data.
- Begins basic analysis of cost and schedule variances, baseline fundamentals, concepts and principles.
- Develops knowledge of accounting principles and applies the concepts and principles of project revenue and cost.
- Assists in assembling data for trending and forecasting.
- Understands progress/performance data and associated concepts and principles; Participates in the collection of progress data and review of performance trends.
- Familiar with earned value, scope control and change management, including concepts, principles and methodologies.
- Collects data and produces an initial analysis on manpower, labor hour, and labor cost requirements versus budget and funding limitations.
- Collects and analyzes data for tracking actual cost to funding limitations.
- Provides support to tracking purchase order and subcontract commitments and expenditures.
- Familiar with the concepts and principles of project revenue and cost.
- Exposure to basic scheduling and cost baseline fundamentals, concepts and principles.
- Introduced to performance management and cost/schedule integration concepts and principles; Develops knowledge of scope control and change management.
- Supports project reporting process as required.
- Develops budgets based on approved estimates.
- Analyzes cost and schedule data for project reporting and progress data in analyzing performance trends.
- Applies progress/performance data and associated concepts and principles in creating project reports.
- Provides support for tracking purchase orders and subcontract commitments and expenditures.
- May participate in project cost review meetings and other duties as assigned.
Who Are We Looking For?
- Diploma / Certificate in construction, business or related field, or demonstrated equivalent and related experience.
- Minimum 8 years of related experience in engineering, procurement, maintenance and construction projects or operating industrial facilities in a cost control/project controls position(s).
- Sound understanding of cost controls tools and process.
- Strong organization, time management and detail-orientation skill.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Able to develop budgets using PRISM and Costpoint or similar ERP system.
- Able to liaison with Client and Project/Construction team.
- Great communication skills - written or verbal.
- Willing to work both remotely and on site.
- Previous experience in unit rate project controls.
- Construction Safety Training Systems (CSTS-09 or 2020).
- Able to travel to site daily.
- Bachelor's degree and/or MBA is an asset.
- Experience is Scheduling, Budget and Cost Controls is an asset.
- Advanced user of Primavera P6 software and/or MS projects is preferred.
- Advanced/proficient Excel skills and experience is preferred.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
You may apply to this opportunity through our AECOM career opportunity page (vacancy number 243221BR), or by submitting your resume on Indeed.
Reference ID: 243221BR
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday